flogging

dekon121

Hatching
Jul 22, 2016
I have a bantam rooster that has been babied and now out of the blue he has flogged my 6 year old and now me. Is this an on going thing and should i get rid of him?

thank you
I raised chickens before and this is the 1st time I have been flogged. I caught him by the neck when he jumped at me and he don't have spurs yet so now he is scared of me!
I told my son to stand his ground and he did.
Been a week and no more attacks. Good for his sakes

It might work, but I am betting it won't. If he does not attack you, it might be another small child, perhaps one visiting you.

Very often, roosters that were the darling, become the nightmare. When they sit in your lap, and you pet and preen them, they take that as submission.

Be very aware.

Mrs K

Thank y'all so much.
Its nice to get answers when you need them. Most chats are a bunch of punks and you never get your answers.
Thanks again
David

thank you
I raised chickens before and this is the 1st time I have been flogged. I caught him by the neck when he jumped at me and he don't have spurs yet so now he is scared of me!
I told my son to stand his ground and he did.
Been a week and no more attacks. Good for his sakes

To be well versed you need to have been through this before. Bird in question would be an excellent bird to begin learning curve. Your child in particular will need to learn how to protect face.

It might work, but I am betting it won't. If he does not attack you, it might be another small child, perhaps one visiting you.

Very often, roosters that were the darling, become the nightmare. When they sit in your lap, and you pet and preen them, they take that as submission.

Be very aware.

Mrs K
^^THIS^^
Once they've shown aggression you can't trust them again. If you NEVER let anyone else in your chicken yard, that might be OK. But there are enough aggressive roosters in the world. Cull this one and try a different one.

Back
Top Bottom