Floppy Comb, Clear Mucus, Diarrhea, Coughing

Yikes! I feel like I had a brain fart! For some reason I thought coconut oil and electrolytes was all I could do, but obviously I remembered wrong. No, I am not treating her with anything, and yes, I will get RIGHT on it.

Yikes! I feel like I had a brain fart! For some reason I thought coconut oil and electrolytes was all I could do, but obviously I remembered wrong. No, I am not treating her with anything, and yes, I will get RIGHT on it.
Let me know how her crop is in the morning. Get some photos of her poop if possible.

Crop is still squishy in the morning, and now she is hunkering down and closing her eyes most of the time. I have not been able to get the anti-fungal medicine recommended by that article (It takes a while to ship online and Petco didn't have any when I went), but this afternoon I will be going out and will try to pick some up at Walmart. In the meantime, I have been giving her a variety of things (kombucha for probiotics, oregano oil, garlic water, ACV, colloidal silver, and a bit of durastat). She took little sips of my concoction yesterday but I see that she needs actual treatment so I will start that ASAP when I get home. I promise I keep looking for her to poop, but so far I haven't been able to catch her doing it and then take a picture.

Also, do I need to separate her so we don't accidentally eat her eggs once we start treatment?

Crop is still squishy in the morning, and now she is hunkering down and closing her eyes most of the time. I have not been able to get the anti-fungal medicine recommended by that article (It takes a while to ship online and Petco didn't have any when I went), but this afternoon I will be going out and will try to pick some up at Walmart. In the meantime, I have been giving her a variety of things (kombucha for probiotics, oregano oil, garlic water, ACV, colloidal silver, and a bit of durastat). She took little sips of my concoction yesterday but I see that she needs actual treatment so I will start that ASAP when I get home. I promise I keep looking for her to poop, but so far I haven't been able to catch her doing it and then take a picture.

Also, do I need to separate her so we don't accidentally eat her eggs once we start treatment?
Does she have fresh plain water available too? If not, then I would provide it. Sometimes chickens won't drink very well if it has added ingredients. Hydration is very important.

Has she laid any eggs?

That would be up to you about separation. If you do decide, then try to keep her caged in the coop or run so she's still with the others.

Update:

I got some anti-fungal cream from Walgreens that has the active ingredient "Clotrimazole" (pic below). I gave her two doses yesterday, and two today, with a "dose" being about 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon if I had to guess. Thankfully she eats it right out of the tube, so I stand there patiently squeezing it out and she slowly but surely nibbles it down. I have her separated in a pen that is within the run, so she is still socializing and getting fresh air. Today I only offered her pure water and no food (if the crop isn't working properly might as well give it a break...right?). Because she is penned up, I was able to spot some poops. Pic below.

This morning her crop was obviously still full of liquid and squishy, but it definitely was not as huge as it was a couple of days ago. She is currently standing and alert, as opposed to hunched with her eyes closed. Comb is still floppy, still living life in slo-mo. Overall I would say she is *feeling* better, though her crop doesn't seem to be a whole ton better.

We shall see!

1596581796580.png

1596581740706.png

Back
Top Bottom