Floppy combs

horseyjess

Songster
14 Years
Sep 2, 2009
SW Florida
Ok so the gals I am talking about are about 6 mos old now. They have never had mites and were treated about 2 mos ago just cause.(with Poultry dust) They have been wormed about 2 weeks ago and they are given feed (mix of scratch grain and layer) free choice and are free range pretty much all day from dawn till they go to bed. They have access to fresh water. It is HOT here still but most of the girls have developed a floppy comb. They started before the Dusting and Worming I thought that might help. But it has not. I was going to let my older daughter show one of the BR hens but I guess that is a pretty big deduction. What could be causing this and how do I fix it thanks. Here are a few pics the sex links are doing the same thing I think I may have only one of 6 hens with a normal comb. Thanks

40479_pa030853.jpg

40479_pa030852.jpg

Floppy combs happen because of hot weather! It can't be fixed once it happens as far as I know. It isn't a disease or a parasite, just hot weather.

Quote:
I agree

I agree too.

So will this hurt the kids if they want to show them? Its not like here in South Florida I can keep it cool EVER Heck its OCrtober and I think almost 90 today!

Back
Top Bottom