FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

So great to hear boys are doing well! Post pics if you can. Can't wait to see the chicks you hatch!!!

I just went through my pictures and realized that I have not taken any new ones of the boys since the last ones I sent you on 1/5. I will definitely have to get some new ones this week. I have the hatching disease bad this year LOL. 70+ chicks in the brooder already and another 4 dozen eggs coming this week. Not to mention the call ducks lol. I was previously always more into the banties with just the 2 breeds of large fow. I really enjoy them too though so this year I'm adding 4 new large fowl breeds to the flock... Double Laced Blue and Black Barnevelders, Russian Orloffs, Welsummers and Wheaten Marans :) Should round out the colored egg basket.. blue, green, tinted, white, brown and chocolate lol

So I got my three chicks today and had to show them off. I am completely in love! I even have a baby monitor set up so I can watch them sleep:) I wonder what time the peeping will start, ha ha!

YAY!

Hi Folks...,

I'm in Gilchrist county close to Newberry. Have Buff Orpingtons and picking up some Black Australorps on Thursday. Life is good!
welcome-byc.gif

Hi all. Judy here in Vero Beach. Not far from Fellsmere. We have family in Ft. White inear Gainsville and High Springs. We started raising chickens a little more than three years ago. (And boy do we have lots to learn). We live in a subdivision. We're allowed to have 4 chickens but as long as the neighbors don't come plain we can have a few more. We're up to ten now. Three our daughter is supposed to show and sell at Fair with 4H another we've just discovered is a rooster. Can't (and don't want to) keep him? We bought three chicks a few months ago - were supposedly Americana females. Now, they look like RIRs (to our limited knowledge) and one is male.

Back
Top Bottom