FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

I am new to raising chickens. We live in central FL. My question is, how warm is too warm for these guys? My chicks are about 3 weeks old, and I am concerned that the temps in the coop is getting too high....and its only spring :) We created a vent on one side, and there is another opening that they get into and out of to enter the run area. Any thoughts? Thank you :)

Last summer our polish bantams who were hatched in May so still had their fluff were getting too hot I made sure they had a shady spot for their coop which is a mobile tractor type model and I put Ice packs (like for lunch boxes) in a bowl of water in addition to the regular waterer. This alleviated their panting and they survived. Now they are a year old and have regular feathers so I'm hoping they will do better and I don't have to make them ice water this year.

Is anyone in N. FL selling a Silver Laced Wyandotte rooster or cockerel? I am looking for a good quality roo, doesn't have to be show quality, but would like one that is. My hens are almost to breeding age, and i really need one, so if you have one to sell, please pm me with your price and some pics please. I am just north of Gainesville.

Also, I have Ameraucana (the brown/ red type) chicks for sale @ $2 each, so if interested, let me know, I have some hatching every week.

Anybody want my little ninja rooster. Free if you come and get him. Clermont Fl. He is still attacking every time I go into hen house alone. cant have it and cant seem to break him of it. I would eat him if he was big enough but not quite old enough or fat enough for that.

Back
Top Bottom