FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

I'm back with another question sorry folks this site is addicting. Do any if you have dirt floor coops? I have built a 4x6 coop with what should be an 8x probably 16-18 feet and I have extra supplies so am thinking I should build a second coop as a lean to off my existing coop but would rather leave it dirt floor. Any advice?

I have no problem with a dirt floor, BUT it does allow predators and even rodents and snakes to get access more easily, AND the chickens will dig out. I use concrete around the edges of the run to keep the chickens in, and more concrete around the lockable coop area to keep predators out.

RedBird - The lavender EE chick is showing wheaten coming in... would you still be interested? THe comb is beginning to darken, too so it's looking like a promising roo.

I'm back with another question sorry folks this site is addicting. Do any if you have dirt floor coops? I have built a 4x6 coop with what should be an 8x probably 16-18 feet and I have extra supplies so am thinking I should build a second coop as a lean to off my existing coop but would rather leave it dirt floor. Any advice?
I have dirt floors in my coops. I put 2 x 4 welded wire on the outside of my coop boundaries to keep predators out. This was dirt from when the coop was built. I am about to add 3 inches of sand on top of it so as to allow them more depth for their dirt baths. They also free range beside running around in their 8 X 28 ft covered run and dust bathe while out and about the property.

If anyone is interested in some chicks, here is what I now have.
I ordered these from a hatchery, so don't expect "SQ" but
these are some nice babies. Not generally what you could get at the feed store.
I ordered the minimum which was far more than I needed.
available now are ALL PULLETS
5/6 cream brabanter Very Rare
2/3 LF assorted brahma
next week I will be getting more chicks, these will be STRAIGHT RUN
bbs jersey giant Rare
bbs langshan Rare
assorted lf cochin
week after that I will be getting all PULLETS
crevecoeur Very Rare
mottled houdan Very Rare
and a few others I will be willing to share.
There will only be a small number of them and
you will have to pick up here in Fort Myers.
The price will be $10 each which is about what I paid including shipping.
I CANNOT SHIP
PM me for more info
Jo

I live in lehigh I have a few chickens who will need rehoming they all free range and various ages a leghorn hen I think a ee roo and my silkie mix my ee roo is 6months and leghorn n silkie is 2 1/2 months...I also will have fizzle eggs in a few months

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom