FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nava, Mar 7, 2010.

1. LisaAnnW

LisaAnnW Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2011
    Quote:Thanks. Isn't it amazing how one bad apple can stress-out the entire neighborhood? The police were out twice today...it's hard not to be a nervous wreck!

2. LisaAnnW

Jul 31, 2011
    Quote:My parents and my eldest brother carry, but I know a number of people who don't approve of gun ownership, so it's one of those topics I don't bring up too often out of respect for differing opinions. I weigh about 100 pounds, so something like shotgun would probably knock me right over! I'm going to get my concealed weapons permit, so I needed something I could carry discreetly.

I'm going to sleep better too, once I feel like I can better protect myself. I don't like living in fear. [​IMG]

3. Floridachicken1958

Floridachicken1958 Lost but not forgotten

Jun 10, 2011
    CENTRAL FLORIDA
    Quote:My parents and my eldest brother carry, but I know a number of people who don't approve of gun ownership, so it's one of those topics I don't bring up too often out of respect for differing opinions. I weigh about 100 pounds, so something like shotgun would probably knock me right over! I'm going to get my concealed weapons permit, so I needed something I could carry discreetly.

I'm going to sleep better too, once I feel like I can better protect myself. I don't like living in fear. [​IMG]

Lisa a 38 special would be just right for you,But get a snub nose 38.Not really a kick to it and small enough to hold in your hand in comfort.

4. LisaAnnW

Jul 31, 2011
    Quote:Makes me glad I don't have any neighbors close enough to matter. LOL

I thought until recently that we had a big enough place, but now I think we should be far enough away from neighbors see what crazy thing they're up to and have time to react before they get too close! [​IMG]

5. LisaAnnW

Jul 31, 2011
    Quote:Handsome fellow! We have three...not that we need three, but they're so pretty I can't part with them.

6. Floridachicken1958

Jun 10, 2011
    CENTRAL FLORIDA
    Quote:Makes me glad I don't have any neighbors close enough to matter. LOL

I thought until recently that we had a big enough place, but now I think we should be far enough away from neighbors see what crazy thing they're up to and have time to react before they get too close! [​IMG]

Where I live I have no neighbors but not the best part of town but never had any trouble since I've lived here.But as soon as someone makes a sound outside I know it with all my cameras outside with audio & video.I know if they are jumping the fence they get over it.

7. Floridachicken1958

Jun 10, 2011
    CENTRAL FLORIDA
    ibeier2000: Look at the white egg that is between the 2 brown eggs.I think I see a raise in the side of it maybe it might be hatching tonite or about 3 am. [​IMG]

8. LisaAnnW

Jul 31, 2011
    Quote:x2, x3, x4...well you get the point! lol I've been a gun owner since I turned 18..for xmas I want one of those signs that say "Forget the dog beware of owner!" hahaha. I hope your situation gets square away soon! So what are you upgrading to?

Floridachicken1958 - boooo, work is blocking that site...so I'll take a look from home tonight!

Hi Juan. I bought a Glock 19 - the same thing my dad carries. I went in looking for a Glock 26, but it felt too small in my hand. Of course I'd rather not ever have to use it, but there's only so much I can do with a golf club, pepper spray, and a 15 pound dog! I'm going to get my permit to carry it with me, too, so I can have it when I take the girls to the city for night time theater performances...I worry about breaking down somewhere and being victimized.

Problem is, I bought the gun a few days ago after a particularly frightening series of events in the neighborhood, and DH (who was out of town) said he would get me a gun for Christmas. He doesn't know anything at all about them, so I bought MYSELF a gun the next day. Then DH came home and I found out he'd changed his mind, and doesn't want a gun in the house! [​IMG] Oops! I'm supposed to pick it up Friday (no refunds!), so I have until then to figure out how to handle this.

9. LisaAnnW

Jul 31, 2011
    Quote:x2, x3, x4...well you get the point! lol I've been a gun owner since I turned 18..for xmas I want one of those signs that say "Forget the dog beware of owner!" hahaha. I hope your situation gets square away soon! So what are you upgrading to?

Floridachicken1958 - boooo, work is blocking that site...so I'll take a look from home tonight!

How bout In Florida we don't call 911

LOL. I called 911 the other day, and three cars responded in about four minutes. They're pretty good in our town, but I think if someone staged a home invasion on my family even four minutes would be too long.

10. LisaAnnW

Jul 31, 2011
    Quote:Hi Dianne, Angel is well. Poor thing is still broody and we put some fertile eggs under her, but she'll sit intensely for awhile, then get up, scatter them, and let them get cold! I guess she just needs more practice. She'll be a good momma one of these days! Her favorite treat is still sunflower seeds, but ...got to go, sheriff is at my neighbor's house!!

Sheesh LisaAnne! I need to join you at the range...I learned to shoot a pistol years ago for one of my many and varied jobs and also used to shoot rabbits in Aus as a teen. Back then I had a browning 22? I think. Psst! I was a better shot than the guys [​IMG]

Maybe we ladies have a steadier hand? My neighbor just said the same thing: got to get out to the range and practice, so I invited her to go with me - more fun that way. I recently found out she has a .357 and a shotgun! I would never have guessed.

Oh, I had started to tell you this morning Angel's a spoiled little hen, and she loves fresh blueberries, and also grapes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by