FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nava, Mar 7, 2010.

1. FuzzyButtsFarm

FuzzyButtsFarm Rest in Peace 1950-2013

Quote:I see 2 white ones that look like they have pips. If you watch close you can see the chick with the zip move.

2. LisaAnnW

LisaAnnW Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2011
    Quote:Yep, I'm in school too, and I've noticed the same thing. I try to sit in front to avoid distraction. I'm sure age has a lot to do with it...I figure I don't have time to mess up education-wise, my goal is a Master's degree by age 50.

Hope your three weeks passes quickly. [​IMG]

3. Floridachicken1958

Floridachicken1958 Lost but not forgotten

Jun 10, 2011
    CENTRAL FLORIDA
    Quote:I see 2 white ones that look like they have pips. If you watch close you can see the chick with the zip move.

I only see just the 1 But she must be taking a break. [​IMG]

4. LisaAnnW

Jul 31, 2011
    Quote:My parents and my eldest brother carry, but I know a number of people who don't approve of gun ownership, so it's one of those topics I don't bring up too often out of respect for differing opinions. I weigh about 100 pounds, so something like shotgun would probably knock me right over! I'm going to get my concealed weapons permit, so I needed something I could carry discreetly.

I'm going to sleep better too, once I feel like I can better protect myself. I don't like living in fear. [​IMG]

Lisa a 38 special would be just right for you,But get a snub nose 38.Not really a kick to it and small enough to hold in your hand in comfort.

A .38 is what my mom prefers. She carries one along with her Glock 26. She's a tiny senior citizen, so I guess she feels like she needs backup! The 26 felt too small in my hand, but the 19 felt very comfortable and balanced, so that's what I went with.

5. FuzzyButtsFarm

Quote:Lisa a 38 special would be just right for you,But get a snub nose 38.Not really a kick to it and small enough to hold in your hand in comfort.

A .38 is what my mom prefers. She carries one along with her Glock 26. She's a tiny senior citizen, so I guess she feels like she needs backup! The 26 felt too small in my hand, but the 19 felt very comfortable and balanced, so that's what I went with.

I'm a tiny old lady. Got a 25 pistol, shoots longs. in my headboard just in case. Out here it would take half an hr. for anyone to get here. Strangers don't come up on the ridge at night anyway. Not even the police. Its a private road.

6. LisaAnnW

Jul 31, 2011
    Floridachicken: On top of everything else happening around here these days, we lost a hen to a raccoon last night. Our first in many years. So the girls and I worked until dark putting half-inch mesh around the bottom of the chainlink, and securing anything that looked loose. The top had been breached on the duckling pen too, but none were missing, so we put wire under the wood. Of course we have the trap set tonight, using all the great suggestions from before. I didn't have the heart to bait it with the remains of our hen, so I wired a nice, smelly can of sardines in there instead. I'll let you know what happens...maybe TrapperLisa can finally earn her name!?!

7. Floridachicken1958

Jun 10, 2011
    CENTRAL FLORIDA
    Quote:Lisa you can do it.I have faith in you.But what I found that works great is plywood all the way around the bottom of the pen..It works,I had something tried to dig under the plywood but couldn't get nowhere.But if you have a dog.I have read somewhere that dog urine will deter all animals.So when I walk my dog outside I take him around the back of the pen and so far I assume it works cause everytime I let him go to the bathroom out there Next day no tracks from any kind of animals.

8. LisaAnnW

Jul 31, 2011
    Quote:I thought until recently that we had a big enough place, but now I think we should be far enough away from neighbors see what crazy thing they're up to and have time to react before they get too close! [​IMG]

Where I live I have no neighbors but not the best part of town but never had any trouble since I've lived here.But as soon as someone makes a sound outside I know it with all my cameras outside with audio & video.I know if they are jumping the fence they get over it.

Yeah, I've been thinking about a surveillance system too. Doesn't seem like a bad idea, considering the circumstances. Maybe I should point one camera right at my neighbor's house...even right now I can look over there and tell they're up to no good - and I live in what's considered an "upscale community"! Up until recently, I could safely send one of the kids outside to do chores day or night, but now I have to be hypervigilant. I was worried for a while that the thugs might decide to hurt my animals, but then I realized I have enough aggressive roosters that only a true country person would know what to do. A city guy would run for his life, so I think my pets are safe.

9. Floridachicken1958

Jun 10, 2011
    CENTRAL FLORIDA
    well time to go to bed now.I'll turn the recorder on if it will record for 2 days.Goodnite all!

10. FuzzyButtsFarm

Past my bedtime. Night everybody. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by