FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Quote:
Where I live I have no neighbors but not the best part of town but never had any trouble since I've lived here.But as soon as someone makes a sound outside I know it with all my cameras outside with audio & video.I know if they are jumping the fence they get over it.

Yeah, I've been thinking about a surveillance system too. Doesn't seem like a bad idea, considering the circumstances. Maybe I should point one camera right at my neighbor's house...even right now I can look over there and tell they're up to no good - and I live in what's considered an "upscale community"! Up until recently, I could safely send one of the kids outside to do chores day or night, but now I have to be hypervigilant. I was worried for a while that the thugs might decide to hurt my animals, but then I realized I have enough aggressive roosters that only a true country person would know what to do. A city guy would run for his life, so I think my pets are safe.

With a cam that has audio on it you can sure hear anything even a cricket.I love my cameras and plus if anything happens it will be caught on cam for the cops.And that would be great with sound and all.If you get some cameras make sure they are water proof & you have a DVR to hook them up to so everything can be recorded.

Quote:
Lisa you can do it.I have faith in you.But what I found that works great is plywood all the way around the bottom of the pen..It works,I had something tried to dig under the plywood but couldn't get nowhere.But if you have a dog.I have read somewhere that dog urine will deter all animals.So when I walk my dog outside I take him around the back of the pen and so far I assume it works cause everytime I let him go to the bathroom out there Next day no tracks from any kind of animals.

Thanks. I'll try wood if the wire doesn't work, and I'm sure my dog won't mind relieving himself there too. I had the wire on hand from another project, and I knew I had to do something before tonight. That was 40' of mesh, secured all around, and wire for the duck pen too - my hands are so sore! My assumption is the 'coon dined so well last night on my sweet Wyandotte hen, he'll be back asap. Sure hope I catch him/her tonight.

Quote:
Yeah, I've been thinking about a surveillance system too. Doesn't seem like a bad idea, considering the circumstances. Maybe I should point one camera right at my neighbor's house...even right now I can look over there and tell they're up to no good - and I live in what's considered an "upscale community"! Up until recently, I could safely send one of the kids outside to do chores day or night, but now I have to be hypervigilant. I was worried for a while that the thugs might decide to hurt my animals, but then I realized I have enough aggressive roosters that only a true country person would know what to do. A city guy would run for his life, so I think my pets are safe.

With a cam that has audio on it you can sure hear anything even a cricket.I love my cameras and plus if anything happens it will be caught on cam for the cops.And that would be great with sound and all.If you get some cameras make sure they are water proof & you have a DVR to hook them up to so everything can be recorded.

That would be a great thing to have, for a variety of reasons.

I've just been exhausted lately. Goodnight to all my chicken-loving friends!

Quote:
x2, x3, x4...well you get the point! lol I've been a gun owner since I turned 18..for xmas I want one of those signs that say "Forget the dog beware of owner!" hahaha. I hope your situation gets square away soon! So what are you upgrading to?

Floridachicken1958 - boooo, work is blocking that site...so I'll take a look from home tonight!

Hi Juan. I bought a Glock 19 - the same thing my dad carries. I went in looking for a Glock 26, but it felt too small in my hand. Of course I'd rather not ever have to use it, but there's only so much I can do with a golf club, pepper spray, and a 15 pound dog! I'm going to get my permit to carry it with me, too, so I can have it when I take the girls to the city for night time theater performances...I worry about breaking down somewhere and being victimized.

Problem is, I bought the gun a few days ago after a particularly frightening series of events in the neighborhood, and DH (who was out of town) said he would get me a gun for Christmas. He doesn't know anything at all about them, so I bought MYSELF a gun the next day. Then DH came home and I found out he'd changed his mind, and doesn't want a gun in the house!
hide.gif
Oops! I'm supposed to pick it up Friday (no refunds!), so I have until then to figure out how to handle this.

Well DH could just stay and not go out of town.
smile.png

Quote:
Well DH could just stay and not go out of town.
smile.png

If Dh is like me, his concern is about the kids accidently getting hold of it. Buy a really nice gun safe to keep it locked in when in the house and he may be OK with it.

Allways had guns in the house. As kids we did not touch a gun without permission.
I got my first shotgun when I was 12. Grew up in a hunting and fishing family. Mom and Dad said (all guns are loaded) even if broke apart for cleaning.

Signup for a handgun class ASAP, you will learn a lot and enjoy it. I have my permit to carry, have had one for years. Love going to the gunrange. Enjoy... You will feel so much better knowing you can defend and protect yourself and your loved ones.

Maye

Back
Top Bottom