1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nava, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Nava

Nava I Got The Naked Neck Blues

Aug 2, 2009
    Ocala Fl
    Guys,HEY guys check out my BLRNN'S
    [​IMG]

2. tigercreek

tigercreek Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Them poor babies!! ......stan

3. Nava

Nava I Got The Naked Neck Blues

Aug 2, 2009
    Ocala Fl
    Quote:Them poor babies!! ......stan

I'll put you on the waiting list I know you want some !!!

4. Floridachicken1958

Floridachicken1958 Lost but not forgotten

Jun 10, 2011
    CENTRAL FLORIDA
    warm them chickies up cause it's getting cold cold cold tonite. [​IMG]

5. crossgirl

crossgirl Day Dream Believer

Mar 15, 2011
    Lakeland, FL
    Quote:My DBF, convinced the chickens would freeze, draped a blanket over the new broody/nursery coop and tacked a thick towel on the north wire wall of my coop. I'm pretty sure they'll be juuuuuuuuuuuuuuust fine. The week old chicks are gonna have to keep close to mama but she's got a roommate to heat things up in there.

6. Floridachicken1958

Floridachicken1958 Lost but not forgotten

Jun 10, 2011
    CENTRAL FLORIDA
    I done something right.cause my chickens are still alive. Hope all ya'lls chickens are warm.

7. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    The ducks and geese dove right into their pools this morning making me shiver! The chickens are running around like normal. Wish I had a built in coat like theirs this morning. The newly hatched chicks were a bit peeved, lol, added an extra heat source for them. Now to hide away for the day is in order for me.

8. carolsaucier

carolsaucier Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    central Florida
    I'm with you shellie, too cold to go out. Wish I had a coat out of your white goose feathers......they are so beautiful. Our little splash is happy with her new BCM sisters and peeping away. She fits with those 2 lovey girls perfectly.

Let me know how tomorrows surgery goes on your husband, wish him well.

9. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    Quote:Morning Carol, glad she settled right in. Tell John we say hi and good luck tomorrow as well. Enjoy those duck eggs too. [​IMG] thank you about the geese, they truly are my favorites with their chattiness and lovely curls.

10. Sunny Side Up

Sunny Side Up Count your many blessings...

Mar 12, 2008
    Loxahatchee, Florida
    One thing we love to do on cold evenings when we're finishing the chicken chores for the night is to pick up one of our Embden geese and slide our hands up under their wings. Ooooh, such soft warmth, what bliss! They wear their goose-down ski jackets all year 'round and it's on nights like these that they're glad they do.

I figure that since many folks keep poultry in much colder & snowier climates than this that my birds will do fine during our all-too-infrequent cold snaps. As long as they're protected from direct cold winds they shouldn't have any problems.

I like how the chickens look on cold mornings, they puff out their feathers and all look so plumpy & full. My poor guinea wishes that she had a scarf for her bare neck, she hunches up her shoulders and pulls her neck into the feathers, looking like a lady wearing a coat with a fluffy fur collar. I imagine her thinking "It never got this cold back in Africa!"

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by