FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Well, first we need to be in a neighborhood that allows them. So far I've just been reading about chickens and wanting them for a while. We're taking small steps to being more self-sufficient. But we don't live where chickens are allowed right now. So I just joined this site to further my education about them before we are in the position to be able to get some.

welcome-byc.gif
Do you know what kind of chickens you'll get??

No idea yet! We are in the process of looking for a place to rent. Hopefully something we can afford will have a yard of some sort big enough for chicks. I'd still need to get supplies and what-not before I can get chickens though.

Well, first we need to be in a neighborhood that allows them. So far I've just been reading about chickens and wanting them for a while. We're taking small steps to being more self-sufficient. But we don't live where chickens are allowed right now. So I just joined this site to further my education about them before we are in the position to be able to get some.
This is a good site to further education on chickens and they have other self sufficient sites, too.
SufficientSelf.com
|
BackYardHerds.com
|
TheEasyGarden.com

Hi HippyGardener, welcome to the group. You are a wise woman to check things out before you get chickens. Do you have any breed in mind?

cindy
Hi Cindy,

Thanks for the welcome! I always read up on everything before I dive in. Especially when it comes to "life". I'd hate to get into having chickens and then something go wrong because I didn't know what I was doing. LOL!

I have no idea yet what kind I want. I know I'd like to have some for eggs (the main reason), but having ones that are good to eat would be nice as well. So I guess that means I want them to be "dual purpose" chickens? Or maybe some of each. IDK! We're not as close to being able to get them as we'd like to be. But may as well start learning and making supply lists in the meantime. Right?
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom