FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

The birds are all judged by class within a variety 1st. That would be the # on the tag. Then they judge best of variety BV or reserve RV. Then the judge does BB or RB Best of breed or reserve of breed. Then for best of Classificaion (like Featherleg , Modern Game, ect.)winner of these go to Champions row for rejudging for best Bantam, LF, turkey, waterfowl. from which Best of show is chosen. Hope that is clear.

Thank you!! yes it is much clearer now. The tags on the cages in this case were quite unclear, I saw one best of breed tag and that was it. Also I was really surprised by the quality of the Marans I saw, two black copper pullets with no coppering and black eyes?? it seemed strange that the owner would even bother to put them in the show. It did make me realize that the birds I have are good enough to be entered anyway, so I might do that next year. I have two awesome pullets that are hands down much nicer than the ones i saw at the show...

I'd like to go. It'll be my first poultry show. I'll see if Picanins will come with me
big_smile.png
Excuse my ignorance but do they sell chicks and older chickens there or is it just exhibition? Either way, I'd love to go!

Not all shows are the same but usually there are birds for sale at a show.

I'd like to go. It'll be my first poultry show. I'll see if Picanins will come with me
big_smile.png
Excuse my ignorance but do they sell chicks and older chickens there or is it just exhibition? Either way, I'd love to go!
Welcome!!! Yes get picanins to come up with you. I went to the fall show and there are all ages of birds for sale.

Back
Top Bottom