FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Hi Im Alison from Weeki Wachee / Springhill, Fl and new to BYC and chickens in general :)

Just wanted to say
welcome-byc.gif

Cool! I have a few in my incubator as well. But not nearly as many are still going as I set. I think they got scrambled by USPS, cause they were really packed well. Got them in swaps from Cfarm and DMRippy. I'd like to have few more. Let me know what you end up with after your hatch. Thanks, Amy :)

I'm a Floridian also, all the way back to 8 documented generations. We just love living in the small town of Lake Wales. For all the Northerners in the cold....ya'll come on down.

Hi Im Alison from Weeki Wachee / Springhill, Fl and new to BYC and chickens in general :)
welcome-byc.gif
, Aquapixe!

It's been a few weeks, but we've been busy with goats. We will be at the state fair Youth show with my daughter's two ducks.

I know she's planning on ordering some hatchery ducks the end of the month, so I'm thinking about a few Marans or Wellsummers for the dark eggs at the same time. Any pointers on where to order from? I'd love to find somewhere more local. She's looking at Indian Runners, but may just go with more Pekins.
I'm not too familiar with duck hatcheries, but you may want to check this link out, https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/2013-waterfowl-breeders-directory and hopefully you'll be able to get some other suggestions!

I'm a Floridian also, all the way back to 8 documented generations. We just love living in the small town of Lake Wales. For all the Northerners in the cold....ya'll come on down.

welcome-byc.gif
, Rhonda!!

I have Americanas, Barred Rock, red star sex link, marans mix, Jersey Giant Road Island Red, and assorted chicks that we purchased from a neighbor for our broody hen, we don't know what they are for sure. I planned on having 6 chickens and it exploded. I am interested in getting some pure bred Marans and Wellsummers but, that will have to wait a few months. It looks like you have a well rounded assortment. It is addictive isn't it?

Greetings Fellow West Orange County dweller, good to see more locals here on this site. I've been reading allot of threads from folks up north in the cold country and thought, gee, I know we raise chickens in central Florida too. I knew I wasn't alone. We're raising Americana reds here in Apopka.
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom