FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

I am near Lake City, but will be driving to Daytona Beach area on April 2 so going through Ocala etc on Highway 40 and also on April 6 I will be driving down south to Port St Lucie for a baby shower. If anyone is interested in some chicks I could bring them with me. I have pharoah quail chicks, RIR, Aracauna, button quail, and possibly some ducklings. I also could do small orders of hatching eggs for OEGB and Silver bantams and also pharoah quail. PM me if interested!!!

Hello! I am in Plant City (west central FL) and looking for a few chicks- some Black Astralorps, Buff Orpingtons, Delawares, maybe Speckled Sussex- along with 1 rooster chick. Most of the online hatcheries aren't shipping yet or have minimum orders of 25. I'd rather only get about a dozen, and I'd really rather find something local. I've had a bad experience at a swap, where the chickens I got were not the healtiest, so I'm trying to find either a local breeder or hatchery instead. Does anyone know of anyone in my area? Thanks for any sggestions!
You can trust stan (tigercreek) and his stock is worth the drive from Plant City.

Hi Wildharmony! I have Australorps, and Delaware chicks, about 12 weeks old. Also you might check with Plantcityhomestead. She has some Aussies, dels and I think buff orpingtons........stan

Hello! I am in Plant City (west central FL) and looking for a few chicks- some Black Astralorps, Buff Orpingtons, Delawares, maybe Speckled Sussex- along with 1 rooster chick. Most of the online hatcheries aren't shipping yet or have minimum orders of 25. I'd rather only get about a dozen, and I'd really rather find something local. I've had a bad experience at a swap, where the chickens I got were not the healtiest, so I'm trying to find either a local breeder or hatchery instead. Does anyone know of anyone in my area? Thanks for any sggestions!
ReplyQuote Multi
Thank you very much! I will try to find her. I'm not really familiar with the site so it takes me a while to figure things out!

And thank you everyone else for your input & suggestions:)

Last edited:
They are great layers of little eggs. They also are good eating, but not a lot of meat.
Coturnix lay pretty much everyday April-December (my experience, without lights for the shorter days) after a year, you should either keep a second generation, or get new stock... They don't lay as well and fertility drops.
I wouldn't keep them as pets, unless you want a pet you don't want being friendly with. Coturnix are flighty, And more wild than chickens, and your bound to witness a scalping at some point owning them.

Last edited:
Why is the advantage to getting quial? Do they lay eggs u can eat or use them for meat or just as pets???

It takes about 4-5 quail eggs to equal a chicken egg. As sahwithchicks said they are very flighty. You can process them but there is only a small amount of meat. I would say 2-3/adult when eating. Button quail are keep as pets but they are on the flighty side too.

Back
Top Bottom