FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

This is good to know!! I just contacted Mark last week about some Black Copper Marans we're picking up next week, but I was unaware that they sell layer feed as well! What kind and how much? I'd LOVE to get it somewhere other than our feed store..almost $20 for 50 lbs of Purina! Is this normal pricing?! Thanks for the info! And I do agree! You have some beautiful birds!

I have a bunch of his Marans also. I was looking into the feed but it is such a long drive ..

I get feed locally, it's about $16/50lb bag, and scratch is something like $15 but i don't
usually get the scratch. when i was last in high springs i checked prices and found that North Florida was about
the same..

Last edited:
I just picked up feed in Lake Butler today, layer is $20.24/100, chick starter is $21.76/100, and cracked corn is $18.20/100.

dang!! how far is lake butler LOL!!!

no. wait i found it...

well actually i am going to live oak on memorial weekend to teach a class.. wonder how much feed i can fit into my Scion XB on top of the scuba gear
ep.gif
!!!

Last edited:
I just love this site...from the PDZ poop boards to all the awesome advice and photos..I have a dozen buff orps ...about the age where the boys are showing up...gonna need to sell a few roos...I want to add some hens back..am think light sussex ...anyone have any 3 or 4 month old pullets in North Fla ?_

This is good to know!! I just contacted Mark last week about some Black Copper Marans we're picking up next week, but I was unaware that they sell layer feed as well! What kind and how much? I'd LOVE to get it somewhere other than our feed store..almost $20 for 50 lbs of Purina! Is this normal pricing?! Thanks for the info! And I do agree! You have some beautiful birds!

That's awesome! You're gonna love his birds. The feed that he has is his concoction. It's not certified organic, but has no hormones or pesticides. We were looking into organic feeds, but they are very expensive. He told me that he has had great success with his feed and his birds give him about an egg a day. I purchase 100 lb bags for $30 I believe. It is a ride for feed, but the hens love it & their egg shells are nice and hard. There's plenty of calcium in the feed, so there's no need for oyster shells. I believe it also has 20% protein. If I could find local organic feed I'd probably consider it, but until then I'll keep taking a ride up to Mark's.

I have a bunch of his Marans also.   I was looking into the feed but it is such a long drive .. 

I get feed locally, it's about $16/50lb bag,  and scratch is something like $15 but i don't
usually get the scratch.   when i was last in high springs i checked prices and found that North Florida was about
the same..

My Marans aren't laying yet. How dark are their eggs? Which feed do you get? I do buy stuff from Robbie's or O.K. Feed, but they seem a little pricey. I actually drove down to Sunset Feed in Kendall to buy my PDZ and dried meal worms.

I had a very hard time finding any good breeders in Miami Dade. All of the local farms selling chickens didn't really impress me & the birds didn't appear healthy. When I would ask about certain breeds, they'd look at me with a blank stare. My wife really wanted a buff Orpington, but I was never able to find any down here & didn't want to mail order chickens. I'm glad we came across Mark & purchased our small flock from him.

Back
Top Bottom