FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

I had a hatch early this morning. 2 chicks hatched last night and when I got up this morning, all the rest had hatched over night. I put 12 eggs in the hatcher. Only 2 had pips last night.

Last edited:
That's awesome! You're gonna love his birds. The feed that he has is his concoction. It's not certified organic, but has no hormones or pesticides. We wereu looking into organic feeds, but they are very expensive. He told me that he has had great success with his feed and his birds give him about an egg a day. I purchase 100 lb bags for $30 I believe. It is a ride for feed, but the hens love it & their egg shells are nice and hard. There's plenty of calcium in the feed, so there's no need for oyster shells. I believe it also has 20% protein. If I could find local organic feed I'd probably consider it, but until then I'll keep taking a ride up to Mark's.

Where is this mark person? His feed sounds like what I've been looking for.

Hi! I'm in Volusia County and am looking to start out with 4-6 hens. We're looking for good layers with sweet dispositions. We'd love to have free-rangers who come into roost at night, so homebodies are preferred. What breeds should I be looking into? Thanks!
lostinthemusic

My buff orps are very sweet, they are almost four months old, they are not noisy or rude. Being a first time chicken wrangler they are perfect.

My buff orps are very sweet, they are almost four months old, they are not noisy or rude. Being a first time chicken wrangler they are perfect.

One of my pullets is sneezing. She is about 12wks. She is only sneezing about once every 5 min and has no other symptoms. All other behavior is normal. Should I just watch her? I'm not really in a place where I can separate her yet.

Last edited:
So this afternoon I murdered and processed my first chicken!!

I am not sure yet how i feel about that but my kids come home from work with buckets and buckets of chicken wings.. they really need to help me with this some time..

Wilson is now in my refrigerator.. Gee they are much smaller under those feathers...

But Wilson had to go he was a leghorn x ameraucana roo that i just could not rehome and he was causing so many fights in the batchelor pad.. It's really quiet in there now.. Wondering if it will stay that way..

I am not sure if I can do this again, i hope it's easier the second time..

Last edited:
So this afternoon I murdered and processed my first chicken!! 

I am not sure yet how i feel about that but my kids come home from work with buckets and buckets of chicken wings..  they really need to help me with this some time..

Wilson is now in my refrigerator..  Gee they are much smaller under those feathers...

But Wilson had to go he was a leghorn x ameraucana roo that i just could not rehome and he was causing so many fights in the batchelor pad..   It's really quiet in there now.. Wondering if it will stay that way..

I am not sure if I can do this again,  i hope it's easier the second time..

Im so sorry you had to do that. I am not looking forward to that at all. I feel your pain.

Back
Top Bottom