FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Hi Meaghan, sorry to hear about your loss. I saw an ad on CL for llamas, but are the dogs that caused your loss under control now ? I'll see if I can find the ad again. Well, the ad was on the Lake City CL. Not sure I should post the ad on here. Maybe a donkey would be more aggressive to keep the dogs away.

I've seen llamas on CL around Okaloosa Co. but the run $1K or more. LGD generally a little less than half that and donks by far the most economical.

We are in Dunnellon (near Ocala) and we have both Bantam Millie Fluer and mottled cochin hatching eggs available. I also have a ton set in the incubator, and will hopefully have quite a few chicks available. Let me know if we are close enough. We also frequently travel on weekends to the Citra area, which I know is quite a bit closer if you'd be interested in meeting.
Thanks! I will keep you in mind, i just hatched out some mille chicks from my own pair and am getting some mottled hatching eggs at the Palatka swap on Saturday. I may be interested once you have chicks!

OUTDOOR HUMIDITY 97%, SO I ASK MYSELF "WHAT WOULD A CHICKEN DO?"
barnie.gif
idunno.gif

Is anyone incubating right now and if so, what are you doing about that wonderful Florida humidity? I don't have any water in the incubator and can't keep the humidity below 60%.
I just put my first hatch for the year into my incubator. How long have the eggs been in the incubator? What kind/make of incubator are you using? If it is styrofoam, does it have a fan, a turner? If it is styrofoam take out the red plugs on the top. This will affect the humidity as well as the temperature. Put it into a more climate controlled room, a room you can shut off from the rest of you house or even a closet. Right now the humidity in my incubator is hovering around 35% which is perfect for me and when I have my best hatches. The best advice I have is regardless of the type of incubator you have their should be ventilation holes on it, just make sure they are open and the incubator is in a room that is least affected by the outside humidity.

Last edited:
I just put my first hatch for the year into my incubator. How long have the eggs been in the incubator? What kind/make of incubator are you using? If it is styrofoam, does it have a fan, a turner? If it is styrofoam take out the red plugs on the top. This will affect the humidity as well as the temperature. Put it into a more climate controlled room, a room you can shut off from the rest of you house or even a closet. Right now the humidity in my incubator is hovering around 35% which is perfect for me and when I have my best hatches. The best advice I have is regardless of the type of incubator you have their should be ventilation holes on it, just make sure they are open and the incubator is in a room that is least affected by the outside humidity.
Thanks for your response.

I'm using a Brinsea mini advance, no water . I don't think it has vents. I just got it. I set the eggs yesterday.I'm sure they are fine now but I need to get humidity down I put a cap with rice hoping it would dry it out some. It's still at 55% I put a dehumidifier in the next room I did not put it in the same room for fear it would dry it out too much. If that doesn't do it I'll move the dehumidifier in the same room. A climate controlled room would be great If DH would leave things alone. He will open windows with air on and uncovered the vent I had blocked for drafts. His "helping" drives me nuts sometimes. lol I think I will move the incubator to another room too. I usually hatch in a different room. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom