FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Barking! Yes, that's right, my chicken was barking this morning. My only EE was on the roost this morning barking and I thought it was a dog. Now the four chickens I have left are all pullets including the EE -she was actually the first to start laying but my BR is the one that normally makes all the commotion. I thought a stray dog had jumped the fence and was barking at my girls until I went outside and realized it was her.
It is actually pretty comical so if she does it again I will try and catch it on video !!

I would love to see that.

9 months. The longest wait for a hen to begin laying. This hen has no idea how close she came to going into a pot pie. Kudos to Mary Anne for finally earning her keep.

9 months. The longest wait for a hen to begin laying. This hen has no idea how close she came to going into a pot pie. Kudos to Mary Anne for finally earning her keep.

I have an EE (my avatar) who was so close to going into the pot she could feel the hot water. She was 33 weeks old before she layed her first egg. If she wasn't pretty she'd be dinner. My RIRs & BR's all were under 21 with 2 only 17 weeks. All that wait but no blue egg. It's cream-colored.

Hi yall, been a little bit of a span of time since I been on. How yall doing? How's sunny Florida treating you? HAHA!!!
Here's a couple pictures of what alls been going on around here for us and ours.

My lovely Jeanette went on a beach getaway for a week and come back to this...yup. I said a week. WOW to my 3 girls popping them out like pez

Squirrels got red handed caught working on breaking into the barn by way of the back window. It don't have glass, just screen hardware clothe

They had the nerve to do this...WHILE I WAS THERE and they seen me! Fact is, one of them was barking at me. Momma squirrels are getting desperate to get food and shelter I suppose.

Just look at them...can't get over they didn't care I was there

Big old oak tree feel across the road tonight. That being August 31. Round say 8PM. Blocking my way when I went to get my boy from bible study.

Kind of a better picture. It was dark after all...

Come back from the bible study pick up to this. Still raining...this here is the chicken's barn..what...you can't see it? Low hanging branches in the way, you say?

Yall mean...There Is A Big Old Oak Tree Near Covering The Chicken's Barn??? Yup yup yup. Sunny Florida. *sigh* Tomorrow's gonna be busy. Good thing school's canceled for the day due to this pleasant weather.

Yep.That's what all been going around here. Oh and road's flooded....again.

Wow, chickrunfun. Nothing like a fallen tree to shake things up. You will have to fix the opening the squirrels are getting in at, so bigger things, like raccoons can't get in. Careful getting wet, then getting into air conditioning. I've got a bad cold right now from it.

Oh you have it right there! I been sick as a dog. Jeannette had the beach dor a week...I had the trots and fever. Yay me. Uh was that TMI?
1f612.png

Back
Top Bottom