FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Don't worry, be happy... How old are they? I don 't heat my coops. My birds are just fine. They have shade trees in each of their pens for the summer heat and shade/rain tables also to get under. These are older pictures and we have added more coops with pens and more trees in their pens. The white rope wire around the bottoms of the pens is electric to keep the predators out especially at night. Once they know the electric wire is there and get shocked, they don't come back to test it out again. Also all of the pens are covered with a heavy duty netting. I have had my share of predators in the past.

Chick grow-out coop with a heat lamp.

My chickens are a year old and molting a lot. I hope all of the feathers grow back, soon. I have a big walk-in coop for them. Part of it, blocked off from the wind and rain and the other part lets the sun in. You have a lot of chickens. I have six hens and one rooster right now. I'm looking for another six to eight hens, soon. Thank you for the information.

Hello everyone! I'm in Ocala, FL and am looking to trade or sell a silver laced sebright rooster. He was sold to my mom last week when I wasn't home as a female, but after making a quick thread, BYCers confirmed she as a he!! I'd prefer to trade him for a girl.

Shy, but friendly. He's about 3 months old.
Fed organic pellets and fresh veggies/scraps and allowed to roam in my yard during the day. Has clipped wings (but are clipped so you can't tell when his wings are folded).

Looking for a pullet that doesn't need a heat lamp. Ideally I would like a Sebright, but the breed isn't really important, just need a female! My chickens are my pets and are loved and handled daily (sometimes I let them play inside) so I'm looking for a friendly or young girl!

Again, I'm in Ocala, so looking for somewhere close-ish we can meet up for a trade!

Hello everyone! I'm in Ocala, FL and am looking to trade or sell a silver laced sebright rooster. He was sold to my mom last week when I wasn't home as a female, but after making a quick thread, BYCers confirmed she as a he!! I'd prefer to trade him for a girl.

Shy, but friendly. He's about 3 months old.
Fed organic pellets and fresh veggies/scraps and allowed to roam in my yard during the day. Has clipped wings (but are clipped so you can't tell when his wings are folded).

Looking for a pullet that doesn't need a heat lamp. Ideally I would like a Sebright, but the breed isn't really important, just need a female! My chickens are my pets and are loved and handled daily (sometimes I let them play inside) so I'm looking for a friendly or young girl!

Again, I'm in Ocala, so looking for somewhere close-ish we can meet up for a trade!

I don't think anyone would want to trade but you may be able to sell him. I have some friends North Ocala, in Anthony that raise both Silver, Gold and Buff Sebrights for showing but since they are breeders they have plenty of males. They usually come to the Dunnellon TSC farm swap the 2nd Saturday monthly. I think the North Ocala TSC is having swaps on the 4th Saturday monthly. Haven't been there in a few years. They may go to the North Ocala Farm swap next weekend. They mentioned trying it.

A few others nearby.

Last edited:
I am in Dunnellon florida...how do I add to the Florida site??

welcome6smiley.gif
Send me a PM.

Last edited:
Just a reminder of our Farm Swap on Saturday.

Crystal River Mall next to Office Max and the main mall entrance on Hyw 19 across the parking lot from Rural King. Lots of buyers. Tell your neighbors, friends or tell your enemies! Maybe you you have excess chickens, guineas, rabbits, goats, pigs, ducks, geese, turkeys, other livestock, plants, crafts, tack, old farm equipment to sell. Come join us for a day of talking, swapping and selling. No fees. Just come and setup.

Last edited:
Anyone looking for some cockerels? I have a few different colors of Brahma, an English Crele Orpington, & a few Splash Cochin cockerels available. I also have a pair of Buff Laced Brahmas for sale & a Quad of English Crele Orps for sale. PM me if interested. Thanks!!

Anyone looking for some cockerels? I have a few different colors of Brahma, an English Crele Orpington, & a few Splash Cochin cockerels available. I also have a pair of Buff Laced Brahmas for sale & a Quad of English Crele Orps for sale. PM me if interested. Thanks!!

Nice looking, but I'm not looking for that breed. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom