FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Citrus County, Dunnellon. We have had probably around 8 to 9 inches of rain this month all total. The pens near the pop doors have been a bit muddy. Thinking of putting some river rock in the muck. It dries out good but when it rains it will turn mucky, otherwise, luckily we live on top of a hill (Hilltop Farm).
We live in meadow wood acres.. Residence side is on a hill made of fill, agricultural part of our property is down hill and erosion is massive. We have dewormed our Goat population because the pasture is mixed with downhill excrement. Our swine is placed on a clay bed that will not drain. IvermectIn is our best friend right now. The chickens are high and dry. Egg pen and 3 fertilization pens. Only thing not causing greif. We have started recording H20 with the trusty rain gauge and we have a total of 11" not counting the rain before we started recording the current rain fall.
It is what it is. Medication and tons of bedding.. Pay back for all the easy months. At least the earth is green now and the fire ban is lifted... Take care local Florida peeps! Stay dry... If you can.
:oops:

. Darcy.jpg
Hey Ya'll!

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but I have a 10 month old rooster that I need to re-home asap. He is very sweet with his ladies, a little skittish with people but not aggressive AT ALL. He has never attacked anyone except our favorite rooster, hence the re-homing. We are not sure what breed he is other than part New Hampshire Red as the mother is a New Hampshire Red. The rooster's father was some kind of mutt chicken that our neighbor's didn't keep track of.

He is FREE to a flock in need of a rooster! I live in the Tampa, FL area. Reply to this thread if you are interested.

I would prefer him not to be culled as he does mean a lot to me (he and his siblings hatched soon after my dog of 16 years passed and these chicks helped me get though that time)

Thank you!

Last edited:
View attachment 1051452 Hey Ya'll!

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but I have a rooster that I need to re-home asap. He is very sweet with his ladies, a little skittish with people but not aggressive AT ALL. He has never attacked anyone except our favorite rooster, hence the re-homing. We are not sure what breed he is other than part New Hampshire Red as the mother is a New Hampshire Red. The rooster's father was some kind of mutt chicken that our neighbor's didn't keep track of.

He is FREE to a flock in need of a rooster! I live in the Tampa, FL area. Reply to this thread if you are interested.

I would prefer him not to be culled as he does mean a lot to me (he and his siblings hatched soon after my dog of 16 years passed and these chicks helped me get though that time)

Thank you!
I just want to say I am sorry about your dog passing. I have a rooster, and some of the meanest hens there are I cannot figure it out!

We live in meadow wood acres.. Residence side is on a hill made of fill, agricultural part of our property is down hill and erosion is massive. We have dewormed our Goat population because the pasture is mixed with downhill excrement. Our swine is placed on a clay bed that will not drain. IvermectIn is our best friend right now. The chickens are high and dry. Egg pen and 3 fertilization pens. Only thing not causing greif. We have started recording H20 with the trusty rain gauge and we have a total of 11" not counting the rain before we started recording the current rain fall.
It is what it is. Medication and tons of bedding.. Pay back for all the easy months. At least the earth is green now and the fire ban is lifted... Take care local Florida peeps! Stay dry... If you can.
:oops:
I went through horse bedding like crazy the wind coming from all directions and stalls kept getting messed up . . . the poor chickens, I received advice to put sand down and then put down good dirt on top to help with drainage. They have a roof, but then again- wind was blowing so hard and from every direction I had wet chickens.

Hi. I'm a newbie from Homestead. I've had my 5 girls for almost two years. Decided to add a couple more this spring, ended up adding 11. (I might have a problem, in addition to not having a coop big enough)

Hi. I'm a newbie from Homestead. I've had my 5 girls for almost two years. Decided to add a couple more this spring, ended up adding 11. (I might have a problem, in addition to not having a coop big enough)
A couple always = 11. : ) What breeds are your birds? I have Blue Wyandottes - they started laying at 6 months old! Medium sized eggs, consistent layers except molting season.

A couple always = 11. : ) What breeds are your birds? I have Blue Wyandottes - they started laying at 6 months old! Medium sized eggs, consistent layers except molting season.
Oh boy. My older girls are 2 RRI, 2 PBR, 1 araucana. The new girls are 2 Delaware, 2 araucana, 1 brown leghorn, 1 wellsummer, 4 golden laced Wyandotte, 1 orange sexlink. The older ones free range all day and I put them up at night. The new ones are still in the brooder in the yard. A couple have gotten out while changing the water and food and the older ones didn't want any part of that. It was just a couple feathers plucked but it makes me nervous for later.

Anybody in Florida have Cotton Patch geese? My female passed away this spring and we are trying to locate a companion for one lonely male. I have located some out of state breeders who have waiting lists for hatchlings through 2018 and beyond! I don't necessarily need a gosling....would be happy with an older animal, male or female, to be a companion for this lonely guy.

We have two 10-week old Buff Orpington cockerels we need to find homes for. We live within city limits in Pensacola - so, no roosters. :( They've been backyard free-range raised on organic feed. They've begun spending a good part of their days facing off and trying to convince themselves that they're big, bad roosters. But, really, they're pretty sweet. 'Blue' (see the leg bands) is quite a bit bigger than 'White'. If anyone is interested in adding to their flock, or knows someone else who is, please let us know. Thank you!!

IMG_20170625_090549~2.jpg
IMG_20170625_190809.jpg
IMG_20170625_100810.jpg
IMG_20170625_190622.jpg

Back
Top Bottom