FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

I haven't been online for awhile. First busy with cleanup after Irma. We were without power for days. The birds are all good. The storm blew some of my fencing out of wack so I have been fixing it. It will work for now but still have a lot of work to do. I'm waiting for some cooler weather. One of the tractors quit. We spent a month fixing it and as often the case, when you fix one thing something else needs to be fixed and on and on. We finally got it running. Now it's like and old new tractor. Sorting out the birds I want to use for my breeders and selling the rest. We have put new roofs on all of the coops last spring. Now when the weather gets a bit cooler we are going to put new siding on the coops. We did do some of the siding on some of the coops last spring but still have more to do. Pretty soon we will be turning back the clocks and back on standard time so it will get darker earlier but also lighter earlier.

Hey ya'll :p Please help a fellow Floridian get her chickens by sending your name (you may use an alias) and VOTING HEIDI"S CHICKENS to [email protected] ?
You'll be helping me win a $500 grant from the Florida Permaculture Convergence,to help me get what I need to start the small flock that as of last month I am now allowed to have here in the city! Thank you so much :) And thanks so much to this group for the warm welcome, to everyone who already voted for me when I posted about this in the Introduction Forum, and for all the help I've gotten here already! This is a really awesome group and I'm so happy I found you all! Wish me luck! The FPC said I am getting a lot of votes and I think I actually have a good chance of winning! Was wondering how I was going to pay for all the wire and stuff I'm gonna need and this is an answer to a prayer. Hope to have everything ready for my little flock by spring! <3 Too excited..Thanks again :) http://flpermacultureconvergence.org/2017-grant-application-heidis-chickens/

balloons.gif
balloons.gif
Welcome to the Florida Chat Thread!!
Let's see how many BYC members are in FLORIDA!!
Visit our Member page & add yourself to our list:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/florida-always-sunny-side-up

Talk away Floridians or share pictures, and hope to see all of you some day at a swap. If you have stuff that you want to offer to your neighbors, you can post here too.

Last edited:
Spent 7 years in Gainesville and now reside in Homestead Fl (Redlands) any body this far south?
woot.gif

Hi :) No we are Space Coast but I get down that way as much as I can! How are you after Irma? We want to go down to the Keys in a week or two to help with repairs. Do you know the Key West Gypsy Chicken Lady in Homestead?

I haven't been online for awhile. First busy with cleanup after Irma. We were without power for days. The birds are all good. The storm blew some of my fencing out of wack so I have been fixing it. It will work for now but still have a lot of work to do. I'm waiting for some cooler weather. One of the tractors quit. We spent a month fixing it and as often the case, when you fix one thing something else needs to be fixed and on and on. We finally got it running. Now it's like and old new tractor. Sorting out the birds I want to use for my breeders and selling the rest. We have put new roofs on all of the coops last spring. Now when the weather gets a bit cooler we are going to put new siding on the coops. We did do some of the siding on some of the coops last spring but still have more to do. Pretty soon we will be turning back the clocks and back on standard time so it will get darker earlier but also lighter earlier.
Won't let me edit so, when we lost power we also lost our cable and internet. I was a bit lost those days and nights without. We had quite a few branches come down so were busy cleaning them up. Nothing serious.

Some BYC members have sent me a PM (message) and requested to be added to the Florida BYC members page. PLEASE include the county you live in. The list is arranged by counties. Thanks.

Hi I'm in Tallahassee and have a small back yard flock. I'm looking to add a young Ameraucana pullet and am looking for quality breeders near me. Any suggestions?

New member here, from Polk County. Starting out my small flock in backyard. 5 Ducks; 2 Female Pekins, 1 Female Blue Swedish, 1 Male Mixed colored Swedish and 1 Male Indian Runner. Cant wait till they start laying to try my small incubator out.

Hey fellow Floridians!
I need some help fostering a little orphaned duckling, I have a thread over here that tells you all about my situation. If anyone knows what to do or willing to help out, please send me a message! Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom