FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Saturday, I took a dozen 6 month old cockerels and sold them all. I have a dozen left to sell which I will take to the swap in a couple of weeks. It helps with the feed bill. Some people sold out pretty quickly and left early.
Coronavirus.jpg

Hello all, due to some personal issues. I am looking to rehome my 9 Ducks. Have 2 males and 7 females. 4 are Swedish mix, 2 are Pekin mix and 3 are Rouen mixed.

If you are anywhere near us, bring them to the swap and you will probably be able to find homes for them. Our next swap is Saturday October 10th.

Tomorrow Saturday Oct 10th is our second swap of this month. I'm taking the rest of the male RIR's to sell. Should be a nice day. The boys don't look too pretty as they are molting.
Coronavirus.jpg

Beautiful sociable special needs Bantam Easter Egger rooster needs a loving home (will drive anywhere in Florida to deliver)

Bantam Easter Egger Buckbeak was born 25 March 2020 (from Crackle Hatchery), and as a chick, his scissors beak became noticeable and obvious. For the first couple of weeks, he ate chick feed just fine and drank out of the little chick waterers (ground). Later, after four months of age, he struggled to eat. We put him in an Eglu + 3-run extension chicken coop/run/tractor with another little less severe crossbeak hen. In the last couple of months, he can hardly eat at all. I started feeding him by syringe (30-35 ml).

Then this past week I went to the local avian vet. He got a check-up, happily parasite-free and healthy. The avian vet did give me probiotics to help his gut health improve, he had a little dysbiosis (and the doc said NO honey or unsweetened apple sauce to make mash or feed torpedoes as it was disrupting his gut health). The vet said Buckbeak was VERY sociable; he is a friendly, sweet little roo. The main reason that I went was to learn how to properly tube feed him as he doesn't seem to be able to eat on his own (and good thing I did as instructions online were inaccurate, suggested the wrong size tube and so on, or failed to mention certain details of the process that are critical to avoid perforating his crop). LONG STORY SHORT, I have been helping my daughter take care of her chickens since March. Yet I am a PhD student and must go back to the UK soon. She has been putting her new baby in a stroller so she can help me tube feed the little roo twice daily, yet she cannot give him the care that he needs when I leave the US (it's a two-person job to tube feed him).

We would like to find him a good home in Florida. I will drive him pretty much anywhere in the state, yet you must be an experienced scissors beak chicken owner or have experience in carefully tube feeding a small chicken. If you do not want a single chicken, you could have his best friend Peach Fuzz. PF has slight scissors beak yet no issues eating and is a good little layer. She lays at least every other day (a little blueish-green egg). They have had mostly organic feed since birth, are healthy, free of disease and started with medicated feed. They have also had some classical music played (a water-resistant player by the coop) and like to eat bugs and herbs (though Buckbeak cannot really get anything he does try).

I have been feeding Buckbeak avian health shake or Exact with raw egg and water (no more unsweetened apple sauce per the vet) and use coconut oil on the tube. He will come with four new tubes/35 ml syringes (on way from Azon) and his special food powders, too (and can provide his vet record if needed). He has been in the house at times, with a chicken diaper when he was smaller, and will sit on your lap or in a lined rectangular basket (he and Peach Fuzz both will perch on a pet gate to roost together if they are in the house). Really hope someone can take this lovely little guy. I can't bear to think of his future if he does not find a good home. PS. They do not free-range here as we are by a large prairie with predators. Also, see the pictures for the egg Peach Fuzz laid today. Tried to get a good face shot of BB, his bottom beak part is entirely crossways, as his deformity is severe.

Attachments

• IMG_1004.JPG
    IMG_1004.JPG
    573.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1005.JPG
    IMG_1005.JPG
    819.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1006.JPG
    IMG_1006.JPG
    714.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1007.JPG
    IMG_1007.JPG
    851.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0993.JPG
    IMG_0993.JPG
    696.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0994.JPG
    IMG_0994.JPG
    855 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0995.JPG
    IMG_0995.JPG
    875 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0996.JPG
    IMG_0996.JPG
    841.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0997.JPG
    IMG_0997.JPG
    289.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0999.JPG
    IMG_0999.JPG
    341.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1001.JPG
    IMG_1001.JPG
    350.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0987.JPG
    IMG_0987.JPG
    807.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
This was my very special crossed beaked hen. She was 3 years old when a fox killed her. I got the fox. I did have to trim her beak now and then. She ate layer crumbles ok but couldn't handle pellets.
IMG_20170104_172023.jpg

This was my very special crossed beaked hen. She was 3 years old when a fox killed her. I got the fox. I did have to trim her beak now and then. She ate layer crumbles ok but couldn't handle pellets.
View attachment 2368477
Oh, she is such a pretty little hen, bless her soul. I am so sorry that a fox got her. Her feathers were so beautiful. Thank you for sharing. 🐔❤ PS. I trimmed the bottom of Buckbeak's beak (and gently filed Peach Fuzz's) but he doesn't seem to need much trimming.

Back
Top Bottom