FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

No hogs lastnite but got this little guy so he can't get anymore free chickens.Fuzzybutt
tongue2.gif
I'm tired of loosing my chickens to a stinkin Coon so I catch them.

Last edited:
No hogs lastnite but got this little guy so he can't get anymore free chickens.Fuzzybutt
tongue2.gif
I'm tired of loosing my chickens to a stinkin Coon so I catch them.

OMG....Glad we don't have any of those out here. They prefer closer to town. Easier pickins, lots of dumpsters. LOL So far the bobcat hasn't come back and haven't seen hide nor hair of the florida panther either.
fl.gif

OMG....Glad we don't have any of those out here. They prefer closer to town. Easier pickins, lots of dumpsters. LOL So far the bobcat hasn't come back and haven't seen hide nor hair of the florida panther either.
fl.gif
If you would like your bobcat gone for good then you will have to travel to make sure all threats of any of your critters are gone.I catch all kinds of critters.Bigger the better.I give em all to GRANNY from the Beverly HillBillies.
lau.gif

Guys I have a question that mght or migt not be dumb.
hu.gif

I have 2 girls that are laying (PBR) They started laying late march and have been pretty cosistantly laying an egg a day with a one day break every now and then. The past coupleof days I have only been getting 1 egg from only 1 of my girls. My question is is it normal for 1 hen to not lay for 2 or 3 days or is she sick or something?
hide.gif
She is eating, drinking and pooping and everything as usual. Should I be doing something different?

Oh no, think I may have another girl going broody. She took over the nest from my broody and wouldn't let her back in. John had to pick up her and move her out of the way so Bitsy could get back to her babies. My coop built for 12 hens and that is how many I have, don't need anymore no matter how cute or loveable they are. What do I do now? Should I steal an egg from #1 broody and give to other hen?

You're near me. I'm off 415 East of Deltona. What breed of chickens do you have?

Yes, you are really close!  I am near the airport off Lk Mary.  I have 3 buff orpingtons, 2 easter egger chicks, and 9 runner ducks. 

It is nice to know there are others who are chicken obsessed in my area. I've ordered some eggs and will start up the incubator this week. I'm setting Rouen ducks and Araucana chickens. I already have 10 month-old pullets: 5 Rhode Island Red, one Barred Rock, and 4 Easter Eggers. They were sold as Araucana but I now know they aren't. I have learned so much about chickens in the past month.

I used to incubate eggs when I lived in Ohio 20 years ago. It is good to get back into chickens and other fowl. :)

Oh no, think I may have another girl going broody. She took over the nest from my broody and wouldn't let her back in. John had to pick up her and move her out of the way so Bitsy could get back to her babies. My coop built for 12 hens and that is how many I have, don't need anymore no matter how cute or loveable they are. What do I do now? Should I steal an egg from #1 broody and give to other hen?

That's what I did. I divided the eggs up while I wait for some more eggs to ship. When they get here I'll give the first broody back all her eggs and the 2nd gets the new eggs.

Back
Top Bottom