FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Well I have been really busy here since the swap which was great BTW would have been nice if more people stuck around but whatever....
I have new puppies as of very early Tuesday morning my CH Australian Cattle dog had 3 males and 2 female puppies . Then a day early I started having chicks hatch in the incubator. Stans eggs have done very well considering this was my first time and my incubator decided to cook them at over 102 degrees a week from hatching. I have at least 9 from the 13 eggs that were viable last week when I candled, here are some pics, the yellow is a delaware and the others are Blue Rocks, Olive eggers and Blue plash rocks I think, I just can't recall at the moment! But too cute!

Hi Missie,

You are going to be so busy. Please keep posting puppy pics. so people can see how much an ACD changes as the color comes in. Congratulations on the beautifull litter. And post pics. of all your chicks. I know that you have some very rare breeds. Cannot wait to see them all.

Maye

Hi Missie,

You are going to be so busy. Please keep posting puppy pics. so people can see how much an ACD changes as the color comes in. Congratulations on the beautifull litter. And post pics. of all your chicks. I know that you have some very rare breeds. Cannot wait to see them all.
Maye

Beautiful puppies, Missie! Did any of the ones from me hatch? The yellow one looks like a Basque.

Beautiful puppies, Missie! Did any of the ones from me hatch? The yellow one looks like a Basque.
No sadly for some reason none of them did.......odd but ah well. Almost all were from Stan the yellow is a Delaware, there are Blue and Splash Plymouth Rocks, maybe barred rocks and some blue green egg layers. 3 of the polish hatched too , very funny looking! I have one little guy who has his toes curled under on one foot but he seems to be working it out, will take more pics later...

Hi Missie,

Maye
Oh I will now that I figured out how to send the pics from the phone to my e mail unzip them and upload them here! It is so cool to see the puppies change !

Well I have been really busy here since the swap which was great BTW would have been nice if more people stuck around but whatever....
I have new puppies as of very early Tuesday morning my CH Australian Cattle dog had 3 males and 2 female puppies . Then a day early I started having chicks hatch in the incubator. Stans eggs have done very well considering this was my first time and my incubator decided to cook them at over 102 degrees a week from hatching. I have at least 9 from the 13 eggs that were viable last week when I candled, here are some pics, the yellow is a delaware and the others are Blue Rocks, Olive eggers and Blue plash rocks I think, I just can't recall at the moment! But too cute!
Congratulations on all the new babies. I had no idea that ACD's were born white. Great dogs, I am sure you will have a waiting list for the puppies. The chicks that I got from Stan are great. You are going to be very pleased as they grow.

Congratulations on all the new babies. I had no idea that ACD's were born white. Great dogs, I am sure you will have a waiting list for the puppies. The chicks that I got from Stan are great. You are going to be very pleased as they grow.
Thank you! Yep they are born white ans slowly get the blue color over 2-3 weeks, a leftover trait from the Dalmation bred into them in the 1800's. I just find it fascination to watch them color up!

The chicks all look strong and healthy except for the last one that hatched, it was terribly sticky and gross had stuff stuck all to it so I broke down after hours and gave it a warm water bath. It has one foot that wants to curl back but it seems to be correcting itself as the chick gets stronger so we will see. The little guys are too cute!

I've already had a hawk land on my chicken run and scare my hens witless. My handyman was in their house painting the inside after insulating it and had the entrance blocked off. Those hens went right through it and through the paint tray to get away from that hawk. We have some white feet around here now.

They didn't know they were safe. Their run is covered on all six sides with hardware cloth.

Back
Top Bottom