FLORIDA ANYONE?? Please sign on map!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Southern Chickens, Mar 11, 2007.

1. greenapple

greenapple Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2008
    Central Florida
    Anybody going to the Central Florida Fair? The youth poultry show is from 4/22 to 4/27. One of my daughters is showing some of our flock.

2. kaylakala

kaylakala Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2008
    Melbourne Florida
    When and where is that going on??

3. love-my-wolves

love-my-wolves Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Front Royal, VA
    Oh, I wanna go!! Will look it up tonight! I love the poultry show, even though this is the first year I own my own!!! Yay!!! [​IMG]

4. JerryO

JerryO Out Of The Brooder

Apr 15, 2008
    Ocala, Florida
    Hi Everybody! I'm a newbie living in Silver Springs Shores, near Ocala. My wife and I are going to get some egg layers for our family. Although we don't have any chickens yet, we do have cockatiels, parrots and a dove, so getting chickens seems like a natural for us. We want to make sure we're doing things right, so we're reading and learning as much as we can before we get our peepers![​IMG]:)

5. destinduck

destinduck obsessed with "ducks"

Mar 20, 2008
    n.w.FLORIDA
    hi carugo hope all your birds are fine. Hopefully next week I will be covered in babies! Grey calls sitting on 10.pinttail on 10. 2 mandrins on12 and 9,woodys on 8 hatched 2 cuckoo marans for friend and incubating 2 cinnamon teal eggs 4trout indian runners 4white calls:cool:

6. greenapple

greenapple Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2008
    Central Florida
  7. QueenieBee

QueenieBee Out Of The Brooder

Apr 22, 2008
    Ocala, Florida
    Hello everyone. I'm new to BYC. I am in the Ocala area.

I'm so excited to find a forum to be able to talk about chickens!

I had chickens when I was younger. I was able to get some 2 years ago and I am loving every minute of it. We have silkies, Rhode Island Reds, Plymouth Barred Rocks, Ameracuanas and a Big Black Rooster that was sold to me as a Jersey Giant a couple of years ago. However, the more I learn and the more photos I see I do not believe he is. I think he may be a Cochin.

I'm sure all the knowledgable BYC members can help me identify his breed if I post a photo, right?

I am a homeschool mom with 3 kids. My kids want to do 4-H with our chickens but we didn't get to last year. We are going to try again this time around.

It's great to see so many Floridians here and so many fellow Ocala/Marion County members as well.

I look forward to meeting everyone.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2008
  8. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Out Of The Brooder

Apr 22, 2007
    North Florida
    HI all: I need A little help. There is a lady here in Fl. who makes soap, she has been at some of the shows. Does any one have a contact E mail or phone # ? Thanks JB

9. Bi0sC0mp

Bi0sC0mp Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    Raiford,FLA
    union county, big old town of raiford is where i am at [​IMG]

10. normajean

normajean Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    Howell, MI
    Quote:BIOS...you aren't that far from me... I am just south of Tally (Wakulla Springs)
    What kind of chickens do you have (NN's??)
    Anyway, see you in chat sometime

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by