Florida panthers

Cheryl

Crowing
15 Years
Sep 2, 2007
Milford, New Hampshire
I'm visiting my aunt in Florida...she's 99% sure she had a panther in her yard recently and now one of her cats is missing!!! Hers are indoor cats and this one only goes out when aunty goes out, but hates company and probably snuck out sometime yesterday...

She may have seen a Florida panther, but they tend to shy away from human enviroments. If her cat is truly gone, I'd be thinking gator before panther. JMO.

The pet cat finally showed up, much to my relief, it is no fun visiting a "stressed out" person. As for the other cat, it is a panther, male, the county agent called last night to talk about it.

But don't worry, she won't be feeding it anything, especially chickens out of a grocery cart!!! Sorry, had to write all that!
lau.gif

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
Hope auntie isn't a member of the BYC or the panther will just have pick of the coop(litter, cat)
lau.gif
and not the shopping cart.

What's really funny is I thought maybe you were talking about the NFL team and go the panthers and jaguars confused.

Last edited:
Growing up part time in South Dade county, the Everglades were my stomping grounds as a teen. I was pretty fearless as a kid and nothing's more beautiful than the glades at night. Seen plenty of different creatures, but never a panther. I did rescue a solid black "kitten" years ago, on the side of Hwy. 27. That cat grew and grew and grew
ep.gif
She loved the water and had a very distinctive meow. My vet told me that she was some kind of hybrid and not full domestic. Looked very much like what you'd imagine a minature panther to look like, but the vet said a mixture with a south american wildcat was more likely.

Back
Top Bottom