FLORIDA - Please list your City here That Allows Chickens!

Lake county:

5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
26 27
31 32
36 37
Recitals. The foregoing recitals are true and correct and incorporated herein by
Section2.
Regulations, entitled "Definitions", is hereby amended as follows (additions are indicated by underline, and the notation " " ' " indicates that all preceding or subsequent text remains unchanged):
Section 1. reference.
2013-67 land Development Regulations - Chapter X - Backyard Chicken Ordinance
Chicken Coop. A structure where hens are kept.
'" '"
Amendment. Chapter II, Lake County Code, Appendix E, Land Development
Section 3. Amendment. Section 10.01.00, Lake County Code, Appendix E, Land Development Regulations, entitled "Residential Accessory and Temporary Structures and Uses", is hereby amended to create subsection 10.01.06, entitled "Backyard Chickens" (additions are indicated by underline, and the notation " " ' " indicates that all preceding or subsequent text remains unchanged):
10.01.00 Residential Accessory and Temporary Structures and Uses
'**
10.01.06 Backyard Chickens.
General Requirements. Chickens. other than roosters. shall be allowed for personal use as an accessory use within the Estate Residential (R-21. Medium Residential (R-31. Medium Suburban Residential (R-4), Urban Residential (R-6), Mixed Residential (R-7), and Mixed Home Residential (RM) Districts.
A. Any person keeping, harboring, raising or maintaining chickens as an accessorv to an occupied dwelling unit shall be subject to the following restrictions:
2. 3. 4.
No more than five (5) chickens may be kept:
Slaughtering of chickens is prohibited:
Chickens must be secured within the chicken coop or fenced enclosure at all times:
All feed and other items associated with the keeping of chickens that are likely to attract or to become infested with rodents or other pests shall be kept in a rodent and pest-proof container:
No manure shall be allowed to accumulate on the floor of the coop or ground. A fly-tight bin for storage of manure shall be utilized; the size shall be sufficient to contain all accumulations of manure. The fly-tight bin shall be kept at least twenty (20) feet away from all property: and
Composting of chicken manure shall be allowed in an enclosed bin. The composting bin shall be kept at least twenty (20) feet away from all property lines.
B. Chicken coop or fenced enclosure used to house chickens. Any chicken coop or fenced enclosure used to house chickens shall:
1. 2.
Not be located in the front or side yards; and
Be set back a minimum of twenty (20) feet from all property lines.

• new_egg.v168221180.png
Hi everyone. I am moving to West Palm Beach Fl, 33405 next month. I have never had chickens, but would love to when I move. I have been trying to find out if they are allowed to be kept as pets where I am moving. Anyone know for sure? Thanks

no not spam, it is Florida Urban Agriculture on Facebook for those that do follow Facebook. Just a good place to hang out and exchange information of all types not just poultry :) Thanks for bringing that to my attention

Hi everyone I'm in New Hampshire moving to Inverness Fl Or Beverly Hills Fl in Citrus County..Can you tell me if they allow chickens here I'm having a hard time finding info..Thanks :) :)

I think it is safe to say yes they allow chickens. Citrus county is mainly rural and there are many farm/poultry swaps nearby.

ALSO to all my Florida peeps: I have had issues with poisonous toads-- private message me if you have any experience or insight!!!!!! PLEASE!!!

I think it is safe to say yes they allow chickens. Citrus county is mainly rural and there are many farm/poultry swaps nearby.

ALSO to all my Florida peeps: I have had issues with poisonous toads-- private message me if you have any experience or insight!!!!!! PLEASE!!!

Hi there, I am on the Gulf Coast, too. The Bufo Toad is a problem and I keep my eyes open all the time. It is important to distinguish the difference from other toads that are beneficial. Hope this link helps.

http://www.wec.ufl.edu/extension/wildlife_info/frogstoads/bufo_marinus.php

Kris

We just moved to Enterprise, FL in Volusia County. We are on 2 1/2 acres and was wondering if anyone knew how may chicken we would be allowed to have or the laws since Enterprise in Unincorporated.

Back
Top Bottom