FLORIDA - Please list your City here That Allows Chickens!

ChooksinChoppers

Crowing
12 Years
Mar 24, 2011
Ocala, Florida.
As part of my project to get ordinance changes for our county (and to benefit others) , would you please list here ALL cities/towns/ counties where you are allowed to have BYC in RESIDENTIAL areas in Florida. Then I will look up and print out the code.
Please and Thankyou !

Last edited:
Quote:
Middleburg allows any Livestock as long as you have the land for it.thank God i can farm i would go crazy. I love my livestock i can farm anything from chickens to zebras.
lol.png
I lets keep the county from changing laws. more livestock please folks.

Last edited:
Indian River county in vero beach can have up to 4. No chickens from my understanding in the city of vero. All my neighbors are great about my hens I have. My coop is nice to look at and extremely clean so no smell.
thumbsup.gif

I'm in Lake Placid in Highlands county....this is an agricultural community ) orange groves, cows, caladiums) but some parts are just "residential" and not zoned for "agriculture". I know the city of Sebring allows chickens ( and pot bellied pigs) and I think just 2 hens? im not too sure.Not sure about Avon Park and not sure about where I live, I'm in a little suburb of Lake Placid but live off the main drag/area of my subdivision. I've got 6 girls and so far since they moved out to coop in May I have not had issues from my 2 closest neighbors. My heart sinks and I get that "oh crap I'm caught" cold feeling come over me when I see our busy body "security" drive by lol They stay in my backyard, mainly hanging out by coop when they have playtime, they don't make much noise except before they lay and of course their " I laid an egg" song. I keep it clean and doesnt smell so if someone has an issue, I'll ask em if they want to buy my groceries! :p

Call your local code enforcement. They will tell how your home is zoned and if what animals you can have at your address. I live 100 ft behind a beef ranch but, yet my neighborhood is zoned residential. So I can only have 4 hens no roosters. Or livestock including potbelly pigs or goats. Now of course my chicken math went a little bit over but, I care for my hens coops which my neighbors thank me. If you have cool neighbors you'll be fine.

I think it is safe to say yes they allow chickens. Citrus county is mainly rural and there are many farm/poultry swaps nearby.

ALSO to all my Florida peeps: I have had issues with poisonous toads-- private message me if you have any experience or insight!!!!!! PLEASE!!!

Hi there, I am on the Gulf Coast, too. The Bufo Toad is a problem and I keep my eyes open all the time. It is important to distinguish the difference from other toads that are beneficial. Hope this link helps.

http://www.wec.ufl.edu/extension/wildlife_info/frogstoads/bufo_marinus.php

Kris

Back
Top Bottom