FLORIDA - Please list your City here That Allows Chickens!

ChooksinChoppers

Crowing
12 Years
Mar 24, 2011
Ocala, Florida.
As part of my project to get ordinance changes for our county (and to benefit others) , would you please list here ALL cities/towns/ counties where you are allowed to have BYC in RESIDENTIAL areas in Florida. Then I will look up and print out the code.
Please and Thankyou !

Last edited:
I believe St. Petersburg just passed (or is about to pass) an ordinance allowing hens in the city. Tampa allows them but only if you meet the property requirements (most lots are too small).

Must be more than that out there
lol.png
I spent most of yesterday listing city names in the municode Library *we need a tired smiley*

I live in Pace, Santa Rosa County. I checked about a year ago and was told by the county they don't care. However they said to look at 4 digits in my tax ID and that will tell what subdivision I live in. Then look up that subdivision to see if there are restrictions. Well my Tax ID had 0000 which means no subdivision. I think this maybe correct, a lady on the next street has a bunch of ducks. I can hear them from my house. So I think I'm OK.

I don't think you can go by Municode. Apparently, county ordinances trump those laws. I live next to the above poster in Escambia Co. Apparently, here you have to be zoned rural *and* have at least 2 acres!! Ridiculous! A lady posted on Craigslist a few weeks ago that she is rural, but was told she has to get rid of her chickens because she only owns one acre. She said she was going to try to get the law changed and was looking for supporters so I emailed her a few hours ago but haven't heard back yet.

Fernandina beach in agriculture and resendtial 1. You have to get a permit from the city manager, easy as writing an e-mail.

I was allowed up to 5, it wasn't specified if I could have a rooster.

Quote:
Middleburg allows any Livestock as long as you have the land for it.thank God i can farm i would go crazy. I love my livestock i can farm anything from chickens to zebras.
lol.png
I lets keep the county from changing laws. more livestock please folks.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom