Floridians?

Hi there,

Ebbtide, the feedstore was in Gainesville and it is Alachua Feed and Seed. They had 4 different kinds of chicks. There is a FRM feedstore in front of Walmart in Chiefland that will be having chicks off and on through April. There is a place in Levy County, Bronson, I think, that has an auction and they do have chickens there. You have to be careful though and separate those that you buy to see if they have any sickness.

Glad to meet you, Colonel. I live closer to Trenton than Bell and have relatives coming out of the woodwork here. My mother was a Matthews and father was a Jones so you probably know there are a lot of those around here. Lived in Lutz, just north of Tampa, all my life until three years ago. This was a bit of a culture shock but a good one. I love it here. The rest of my family in Tampa think I am the least likely person to have come up here to my "roots." But I love it.

Montverdechick, No, I'm sorry I don't know Don Bennink. Although I have a lot of relatives in this area, we have only lived here 3 years. I don't know of any shows in this area in the near future. I went to a show in Lake City in February, and saw someone from BYC there, but they only have one there once a year I think.

I have one NH Red that someone gave me before it was old enough to lay and she is a really sweet hen. I'm not too fond of the RI Reds though. They seem more agressive. Brahmas, Cochins and Silkies are my favorites. I have just tried to raise a variety since I've been up here. My broody just hatched out:jumpy 12 chicks and I am anxious to see what they are going to be. Turkens for sure, and possibly 4 Phoenix whose parents came from someone here on BYC.I will probably give the Turkens away.

Beverly

Quote:
Hey I live in Fountain FL down by panama city.
I have a hatchery here that I'm starting.
I have
Sliver laced wyadottes
Sultan
Buttercups
sliver phinix
turken
NSQ Silkies

and many gesse, pigeons, ducks.

jenning fla here
wink.png

Lake Butler here, just north of Gainesville. I have almost 200 chickens, chicks and turkeys. I am trying to start a small chick and eggs business for when I retire. Just a little something to help with income for as we all know Social Security isn't enough to live on now days.

Orlando, Fl here… I've got 4 RIR (actually, I think they're Production Reds from Ideal) and looking to pick up 2-3 Buff Orpingtons next week or so- still deciding whether to get chicks to raise or ready-to-lay pullets.

Edit: I went for the ready-to-lay BO's this week, and they're sweet and fluffy-gorgeous!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom