Flower Power, winter has been to long crochet swap, closes March 10

LOL yes I did know that and it takes many many years to bloom. We have one at a local (2hr drive) botanical garden, this past year they closed for the whole year for a big remodle (12 mill dollar) anyway that is the year that silly flower decided to bloom!!!!

Welcome aboard
How frustrating. It's too bad they couldn't issue hardhats and give a guided tour.

Sure thing, welcome to the swap. I think it is going to be fun to crochet pretty flowers while it is cold and dreary.
Well, I live in southern California so it's sunny and a little chilly for us 60 degrees, but mid 70's by Friday. I'm still looking forward to the pretty flowers.
smile.png

I grew up in Southern California. When it was cold, i.e., below 70, I'd put socks on under my sandals.

[COLOR=FF8C00]Crochet Granny "Square" Swap ~[/COLOR] [COLOR=FF0000]Sign ups Open until Sunday March 10th[/COLOR][COLOR=6633FF] [/COLOR] Theme: Flowers, any kind any color, either 2 dimensional or 3 dimensional Important info: The flower portion of the square can be any color and any flower, but all non flower portions of the square must be green. The green can be any color or shade of green you like. This swap is for 6 inch squares, however if you fall in love w/ a flower pattern that will not fit in the 6 inch square you can do 12 inch squares, but if you do there is no garauntee you will get the same amount of 12 inchers back. If you are overwhelmed by the idea of crocheting flowers you can crochet an all green square. Pick your favorite(s) colors then go on-line to your favorite pattern site (I like this site [COLOR=0066CC]http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com[/COLOR] but there are lots of sites out there), pick a pattern or two (or more) and start [COLOR=1C7DFF]crocheting[/COLOR]! Don't forget to check in with us once you sign up to let us know how you're doing. :) Size: 6" squares (6"x6") Pattern: Any Pattern (As long as the finished squares measure 6") Yarn: Acrylic worsted weight (4), if doing a 3D flower the granny (green) background needs to be #4 worsted weight, but the flower portion can be any yarn you like. Colors: Any flower color you like, all non flower portions must be green, and can be any shade of green you like. Number: As many as there are participants in the swap! Dates: LAST DAY to sign up is Sunday March 10th, 2013 Completion Deadline: Monday April 8, 2013 ~ All Squares must be complete and ready to mail!!! When finished pm me and I will pm back my address. When packaging your blocks make sure to include return postage. Send them in the most economical way no need for expensive priority mail. Include the full number of blocks for the number of swappers we end w/, I will divide them and make sure everyone gets blocks from everyone else. Also be sure and bag each block separately in it's own [COLOR=1C7DFF]plastic[/COLOR] baggie for easy separation and to protect them from the potential perils of the USPS.
chiramc is in
1f603.png
and I may have found a flower square!

Back
Top Bottom