Flu Round 2

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by rodriguezpoultry, Oct 19, 2009.

1. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    OMG. I don't know what I had the first time but this is awful.

I'm so lethargic. I sat down on the floor and I don't even want to get up to go to the bathroom.

I woke up in the middle of the night with my chest feeling heavy, so I coughed to get the weight off. Then I felt it rattle. So I coughed some more. Now wake up at 7AM coughing, sneezing. So, I took some allergy medicine. Because heck...I've already had the flu this year. Allergy meds did nothing but knock me out. Cough medicine does NOTHING. NOTHING!!!!!!

It got increasingly worse throughout the day. I feel like I've been hit like a bus.

Odd thing is, we went grocery shopping yesterday. I stopped at the juice aisle and thought "I need to get that 6 pack of orange juice concentrate." But, knowing I would never drink it, passed. That should have been my warning. I never want orange juice unless I'm sick.

Now I'm coughing, sneezing, hacking, breathing shallow because it hurts my throat to breathe deeply. What the heck. How does this happen to me? I have been turning my diet around, increasing vitamin intake, my blood pressure is perfectly normal now. I'm just ticked as all get out.

I actually resorted to calling my boyfriend's mom to have her tell me what to do. I'm not hungry, not thirsty, but my lips are very, VERY dry even though I've been drinking juice and gatorade all day.

Ticks me off.

Ok...sorry /rant.

2. Hillbilly Hen

Hillbilly Hen Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2009
    Newaygo Michigan
    [​IMG] Hope you feel better soon. Could be you have a different strain of flu from your last one.

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Aww! Sorry your sickie! [​IMG] Drink plenty of fluids! [​IMG]

4. Felicia

Felicia Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    Michigan
    [​IMG] I hope you feel better soon! Being sick is no fun at all.

5. rodriguezpoultry

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Haha...I actually called in this morning. Or, attempted to. My boyfriend had to talk for me because I can't talk in more than a whisper. The coughing has killed my voice. Oh...and there's stuff in the coughing...which is AWESOME.

Last night, I meant to update but I was chilling too bad to do it. My normal body temp is 96.2 so last night killed me. I took some Tylenol to help with the fever and aches. It wasn't working because my fever shot up to 102.5. My boyfriend said if it got to 103 that I was going to the hospital. So I concentrated all my energy on keeping it low.

I don't know if it was me or the Tylenol because my fever evened out to 100 for the night.

I'm going to go curl back up with my apple juice... [​IMG]

6. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    IF you think you have h1n1, you HAVE to go to the doc in the first 36 hours. They'll give you tamiflu to keep if from turning into pneumonia. Once it progresses in to pneumonia, you can die. We lost a neighbor last week. She was 35.

Don't know if you have in in your area- but it's pretty widespread here.

7. rodriguezpoultry

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Unfortunately, without insurance, I'm screwed.

My insurance doesn't kick in until January, so I'm up a creek. Tamiflu costs $100 by itself and the Care Express in Wal-Mart costs $100 just to diagnose what you have.

The free clinic can't get me in until Nov. 8.

So, I'll just have to wait it out. There's simply nothing I can do expect push the fluids and rest.

8. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

My dear, ER and a hospital stay is more expensive than that....... Just sayin.

9. rodriguezpoultry

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Yes it is...but if I've only got $50 in the account, there's nothing I can do.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by