Fluctuating temp

Bearchell

In the Brooder
8 Years
Aug 19, 2011
Vancouver
Hi, I just built a mini fridge incubator it's average size and I'm have problems with the temperature fluctuating between 95 and 100 degrees. It's forced air and the fan draws air from outside into a compartment with two bulbs a thermostat and sponges. I added some jars of water as heat sinks but not really helping. Someone said that if the fluctuation is constant(which it is) it won't matter cause the eggs internal temp will remain constant... I don't like the idea and don't know I'd I'd trust that. Any thoughts? I'd like to keep the fan drawing air from outside but I'm thinking that's what's doing it...

Is this a home made incubator? I know with both my forced air incubators the fan is only internal and does not draw air from outside the incubator. The fan only circulates the air in the incubator to help keep a even temp for all eggs no matter where they are placed in the incubator.

Ooops i thought it said you just bought not built. I guess my eyes were playing tricks on me.

Last edited:
I figured that I should have the fan inside... It's an old thermostat I got from the recycled homes store. Just a basic dial, not digital.

Back
Top Bottom