Fluffy back / missing feathers?

You can try giving them some protein heavy treats, like mealworms, too. Feather picking can be caused by low protein, and some extra will also help your girl with her lost ones.
Thanks my girls don’t like mealworms but they love scrambled eggs. Is that enough protein or should I get a feather fixer supplement?

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. Today my little Welsummer died. The camera caught it when it happened but the sun was hitting the fence so it wasn’t really clear. From what I can tell, she all of a sudden started flapping and making noises while the other 5 took off running. No one was near her when it started. She flapped and squawked for about 10 seconds then keeled over. I got home a few minutes later and she was stretched out with her legs super straight. I looked everywhere and didn’t see any wounds at all. She wasn’t acting sick today either...eating and chatting as normal.
Maybe a heart attack? Weird for a 10 month old though. Very sad at our house today. She was my daughters favorite. 😢

I am so sorry for your loss :(
It is very strange for a 10 month old chick to die all of a sudden. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable then myself can help. Again sorry for your loss, may she Rest In Peace.

Back
Top Bottom