Fluffy Butt Fever! **Photos***

ZooMummzy

Queen of the Zoo
11 Years
Mar 31, 2008
Philomath, Oregon
has spread to my 16 year old daughter, the one who has been scared to death of my girlies
wee.gif

We just got back from the local feed store with our first fluffy butts of the season - a BR (Amelie) and an EE (Ruby). I was happy to just look at the chicks today, like I do every Wednesday, but my daughter would not leave without the little EE. It completely shocked me but far be it from me to deny a chicken lover in training, lol. Plus, it means that I can blame my lack of keeping my promise of no chicks this year on her
lol.png
Which means my silkie, polish and frizzle order with MPC is going to get placed ASAP!

I insisted she get two chicks though, so she picked out the cute little Barred Rock. Our fingers are crossed they are both girls. I have to say it was much easier and less stressful this year since I knew how to set up a brooder. I had it up and running in 10 minutes. I'm proud of myself but I'm pretty sure my husband isn't going to be a happy camper tonight
celebrate.gif

DSC_0003-4.jpg

DSC_0008-2.jpg

DSC_0007-3.jpg

DSC_0004-2.jpg

Emma looking in on her babies. She was so excited to learn how to take care of them.

DSC_0014-2.jpg

Last edited:
lol!

i caught it when i was 4. i used to help my mother with the hatching and brooding. my nephew is TERRIFIED of the little babies! i'm hoping he'll catch it soon. he's more into transformers and video games though
hmm.png

i've begun doing hatchings on my own with great success
big_smile.png
glad to see your daughter warmed up to the little ones! CUTE little things! i just love seeing pictures of little fuzzies.

I fear (and secretly hope) that will be next. I would love to hatch my own babies but am scared to death still. Maybe when I have another season or two under my belt.

I have to admit too I am happy to have chickies in the house again. There is nothing like their little peeps
smile.png

Hubby still hasn't found them yet......

Way too cute!!! Got to love the kiddos Dad's can never tell them no... LOL

I wanted a boy rabbit to breed my girls hubby kept telling me no... Well we went to the feed store the other day to pick up chick food and they had a cage with 3 little boy rabbits in it... So I let the kids play with them for a bit knowing full well they would ask for one before we left and when they did I handed my 6 year old the cell phone and told her to ask her dad...
gig.gif
Needless to say we have a cute little boy bunny in a cage in our kitchen right now...
lau.gif
bun.gif

Now I'm working on getting her to beg him for some milking goats...
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom