Flukers Thermo/Hygrometer not registering...HELP!

Smitty's Farm

Crowing
15 Years
Aug 24, 2007
St Clair County, Il
OK, so I plugged in the 'Scary Bator' (Old Brower) on Mon night to get temps acclimated b/c I have hatching eggs arriving today. I just wanted to get the temps right first, so I didn't add water to the moisture pan until yesterday afternoon.

Anyway, I have a Flukers digital Themo/Hygrometer from Petco that is elevated where I think the top of the egg level will be. It is registering a temp, but not the HUMIDITY. Is it broken? Now, I'm wondering if I should trust the temp reading on it. I have a second themometer that I ordered from Brower that looks like a meat themometer. It has a stick probe and a round dial on the end to compare temps. It's registering a little lower temp than the Flukers.

I'm just nervous b/c the eggs will be here today and I have no idea if the humidity is right.

Thanks,
Kim

There's been a bad batch of Flukers digitals lately. I think I'd take it back and exchange it. Part of the problem, IMO, is that the plastic casing is too flexible and if you bend it, it messes with the electronics and the display. You could also take out the battery and put it back in, resetting it and see if that works.

Cyn is right, you may just have a bad battery but don't mess with it. Take it back and get one that works properly. Also get a pkg of new batteries to have on hand. I can't get them in my neighborhood stores so it is best to have a spare on hand.

I have one similar that I thought was broken because nothing registered. Come to find out, my humidity was so low that it was below the point of a read out. I think mine doesn't go below 14% so I just put more water in and it started to register.

Thanks everyone!
smile.png
I'm a mess! My eggs are here, but I have no idea what my humidity settings are in the incubator. I'll check the batteries & also buy more to have on hand. I'm running out right now to go get another hygrometer. I'm also going to put more water in and see if that helps. Wish me luck!
tongue.png

Don't forget to let them rest before putting them in. About 12-24 hours.

I'm headed to the post office now to see what goodies I have in the box

Quote:
Yes, the beautiful eggs from Jody are resting on my counter. I hope to get the mystery of the humidity solved before I set them.

I poured a little more water in the moisture pan. I also took out the battery to the Flukers and put it back in. I must have put it back in there wrong b/c I couldn't get it to turn on.
barnie.gif

Maybe we should start calling the Flukers........Flunkers!
tongue.png

I got the battery in there right and I'm waiting to see if it will register everything. I'm hanging out just a few more mins to see what the temps & humidity do before I leave. I do want to get a second one just to compare. I don't trust it now.

Hope you like your gift.
fl.gif
Can't wait for mine.

Back
Top Bottom