Fluorescent yellow poop from sick pullet

Well thank you so much for that.

I wish they would just come up with some blood test that could tell you every ailment they have in their system. That would take the anxiety of it all away 😣

I’ll continue treating her and make sure she’s comfortable. I just cut my flock in half, she made the cut and got sick. She could get better, but she could get worse.
I agree. A good avian vet with a lot of experience might be able to pinpoint the problem but good avian vets are a bit of a rarity.
There probably is a blood test or even an MRI scan that could tell one exactly whats going on but the majority of us couldn't afford it even if we found it available.
It's a bit strange really given the massive impact chickens have had on the human race over the centuries.

I agree. A good avian vet with a lot of experience might be able to pinpoint the problem but good avian vets are a bit of a rarity.
There probably is a blood test or even an MRI scan that could tell one exactly whats going on but the majority of us couldn't afford it even if we found it available.
It's a bit strange really given the massive impact chickens have had on the human race over the centuries.
Yep - I don’t even have a vet that treats chickens nearby. Unfortunately, the only answers I get are from the medical examiner 😢

Not in a position to break the bank on vet bills, I’ve found some good info here that has absolutely saved chicken lives❤️

I wish I had an answer for you but I'm going through something similar. My hen barely eats (except watermelon) but drinks tons and has very watery poop. I did take her to the vet last Friday and x rays/exam didn't reveal much except that everything looked good except for low weight. The vet decided to put her on a broad spectrum antibiotic. I'm tube feeding her critical care once or twice daily until the antibiotic has time to work.
I’m sorry you’re also having these issues. It’s crazy how they go from feisty and active to on death’s door in a day. But kudos to you for the work you’re putting in! Please let me know how your issue plays out, and I will update here, as well. 🙏

We decided that my husband would put her down yesterday. She wasn’t eating, and was suffering, which I cannot stand to witness.

By the time my husband went to get her last evening, she had passed. He will do a necropsy to specifically look at her reproductive system and liver. My poor little Wynona 😢
Be sure to report your findings?

*WARNING-NECROPSY PHOTOS *

So here are the photos from the necropsy. What I have circled (I think the liver?) has what looks like bruising, I’m just not real sure what I’m looking at. Input is welcome and might help me to know what I’m looking at.
IMG_2221.jpeg
IMG_2222.jpeg
IMG_2223.jpeg
IMG_2225.jpeg
IMG_2224.jpeg

I think it's the gall bladder.

The big yellow blob is fat?

The large intestine looks pretty big...can you cut it open?
My husband did this last night and already tossed everything. He said the yellow blob was fat, but not sure what it’s attached to.

I have had chickens pass for different reasons in the past, but this one died pretty quick, it seemed to me. I was hoping to find a definitive answer through the liver or reproductive organs, but I just don’t know what I’m looking at 🤷‍♀️

My husband did this last night and already tossed everything. He said the yellow blob was fat, but not sure what it’s attached to.

I have had chickens pass for different reasons in the past, but this one died pretty quick, it seemed to me. I was hoping to find a definitive answer through the liver or reproductive organs, but I just don’t know what I’m looking at 🤷‍♀️
You have Marek's disease?

Back
Top Bottom