Fly killing spree.....

HA!!!! they have also crossed the pond! it has been awful for flies and wasps this year........... SQUISH EM!!!!!! ZAP THUD WOW ZAP.........ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ GOT THEM!!!! let none survive.

They are driving me mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I literally went psycho on one the other night in my bedroom. I finally got him though and almost broke the fly flap I hit him so hard.

Try Lysol, it helps. Flies hate Lysol. I even spray my horses with it. I wipe my house down with it, spray the door frames, floors, and porches with it. It helps.

someone on here posted about putting 4 or 5 pennies in a plastic ziploc baggie and filling it with water and nailing it on the wall by any entances to the house i did this in my horse barn and it WORKS!

I DE'd my coop and it is still full of flys. I've been trying to keep it extra clean since I have a neighbor that likes to call animal control on us (apparently we have 100-200 chickens)- there is only 23) and I don't want them to have ANYTHING to say about the coop.

I just hang a fly strip where I don't think the chickens will come in contact with it. We will see what that does.

My coop is not bad at all. Its the flies around the house....sneaking in at every chance!

They are EVERYWHERE........
smack.gif

YESH!!! Oh my, tons of flies here. Mom got one of those fly bag things, and after a few days, it had 1 INCH THICK of fly bodies.
ep.gif

Quote:
I am amazed how well the DE works here(I reapply weekly or so) 2 days after putting it out there are no fly activity at all near the horse stalls and chickens, but they seem to love the indoors this year. Guess it depends on where your at. The bags that you add water with the attractant in them, I have filled one of those near my coops this year also because the DE does go away with rainfall. I use that as backup. Nasty!

Back
Top Bottom