FLYSTRIKE!! I need info *GRAPHIC PHOTO

I thought so too! I'm hoping for the best. He seems totally fine otherwise. He ate 2 hard boiled eggs today and when I take him outside to spray him with the fly spray he tries to get out of my hands and run away lol I'm gonna flush him again first thing in the morning. Would it be possible that these maggots went in even deeper after I sprayed them? I'm not sure what to expect. I would be horrified if he healed with them inside him still and they ate him from the inside out..ahh late night thinking 😖
that's a terrible thought , so glad he's doing better

Probably a bunch died and fell out. He looks much better and you're doing great. Don't worry, they are not burrowing that deep into him, and they can't. They still need to breathe. And if they can reach the air, you can reach them.
Oh I didnt know that! That makes sense. I feel a little better now knowing that. how do I kill the maggots I picked off from yesterday morning? Their in a bucket and they aren't dying..I put a lid on it and left it overnight. Pour salt on them?

Oh I didnt know that! That makes sense. I feel a little better now knowing that. how do I kill the maggots I picked off from yesterday morning? Their in a bucket and they aren't dying..I put a lid on it and left it overnight. Pour salt on them?
pour boiling water on them

Back
Top Bottom