FLYSTRIKE!! I need info *GRAPHIC PHOTO

Pics
Update! So I flushed him out this morning and sprayed more screw worm spray for good measures..I wasnt able to see any living maggots. Unless they were super tiny. But its definitely looking better I think. What does everyone else think? His stool is still a green color but isnt as runny as it was. Has some shape to it now. Hes eating and drinking still but he does stand kinda weird. With his tail down. Which I imagine his tail is pretty painful at the moment so maybe that's normal. But I'm wondering if I should give him meds for infection? If so what? I dont have much available without a vet prescription here

Attachments

• 20200528_113431.jpg
    20200528_113431.jpg
    573.7 KB · Views: 30
Glad he's feeling better! If you post pics of his poo, people can evaluate it for you and tell you a lot about his health based on how it looks. I can't, but there are people who are really good at it. We love pics of poo around here! 😆
Okay great! I'll have to take pictures next time he goes. I just cleaned out his cage for the morning

I don't know what I would do, if my roosters ever had that problem. They are with me all the time, and are my best friends. PS, My roo (JAFFAR), loves his comb and waddles gently rubbed. Then he practically falls asleep in my lap.:love
Oh man that's too sweet! My rooster is super friendly and we love him. It's so weird not seeing him around the yard. I think his ladies notice too. I'm hoping he'll be okay after all this. It wouldnt be the same without him here. I think the culprit for all this would be the nasty guinea I rehomed a couple weeks ago. My roosters never had a dirty rear end so I dont know how this would of happened unless the guinea was pecking at him. Which it wouldn't be the first time I had to nurse him back to health fron an attack from the nasty guinea.

Oh man that's too sweet! My rooster is super friendly and we love him. It's so weird not seeing him around the yard. I think his ladies notice too. I'm hoping he'll be okay after all this. It wouldnt be the same without him here. I think the culprit for all this would be the nasty guinea I rehomed a couple weeks ago. My roosters never had a dirty rear end so I dont know how this would of happened unless the guinea was pecking at him. Which it wouldn't be the first time I had to nurse him back to health fron an attack from the nasty guinea.

So the nasty guinea has gone bye-bye?

Back
Top Bottom