Foaming beak

KikiDeAnime

Spooky
Dec 29, 2017
Battle Ground, WA
A few nights ago I took our cockerel's no crow collar off to give him a small break from it so it's been off since Tuesday night. I went out a half hour ago to lock the birds up for bedtime and to bring him inside for the night. I noticed he was flicking foam all over and looking like he was gasping. He's currently doing okay since I brought him in. He's been drinking and eating food for a few minutes now and I see no more foam coming out. He's acting normal.
Before anyone asks, no he doesn't crow all day at all even with the collar on. I just keep it on as a precaution.

What could have caused foam to come out??

EmtheFishLady

We're all mad here
10 Years
Jan 13, 2011
Glen, MS
I have no real input on this as I have never used a no crow collar, we live in the country and they crow whenever they crow. But I would watch him for a upper respiratory infection.
Hopefully my post will bump this back up to the front and someone more knowledgeable can give you some help.

Xouie

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
Jun 11, 2020
SF Bay Area
This is just a guess...

The crow collar’s position may have pressed on his crop a bit. Kind of like tight pants for humans. With it off, he could have overeaten/over drank at first.

edit... today is Friday! So my theory hold no water. He’s had his tight pants off for days now. Never mind

KikiDeAnime

Spooky
Dec 29, 2017
Battle Ground, WA
I think he must have just gotten into something he shouldn't have. I did let everyone free range before lock up.
He's doing much better today and I even took him back out to see his flock. His collar is also back on but I don't think he actually noticed.

Top Bottom