foamy bubbles on duck eye

chelly3

In the Brooder
Apr 13, 2016

one eye is really teary with these bubbles while the other one looks perfectly fine.How do I clean it safely?

one eye is really teary with these bubbles while the other one looks perfectly fine.How do I clean it safely?
Flush the eye with saline as often as you can. Do you have any type of eye ointment?

@RavynFallen can surely help. She just successfully treated an eye on one of her calls.

Flush the eye with saline as often as you can.  Do you have any type of eye ointment?

@RavynFallen
can surely help. She just successfully treated an eye on one of her calls.

X2 on flushes...

But the bubbles usually mean there's an underlying issue... could be sinus infection or respiratory issue... I suggest if the bubbles come back after flushing to get her to a vet if possible, if not see what antibiotics your feed store carries...

I just rinsed her eyes with saline solution 2 flush. Her pupils sometimes goes down and I see her white outer eye part. I don't know if she has an reaction to the product

Is that product just saline solution or is there something else in there?

If infection has spread into adjacent tissue, then antibiotic eye drops may be better. Not entirely sure. Vetericyn makes an eye gel. I would try that.

Is that product just saline solution or is there something else in there?

If infection has spread into adjacent tissue, then antibiotic eye drops may be better. Not entirely sure. Vetericyn makes an eye gel. I would try that.
X2

Back
Top Bottom