FOGHORN LEGHORN~ "Lookit here son, I say, I say son, did ya see that hawk after those hens? ....

Was doing deep litter for a few years, thinking it was beneficial for our cold winters. You can see its not insulated, so I have cold hearty breeds too. They gotta be tough to live here, lol! I was disappointed every spring with deep litter. It was NASTY! I'm going to do sand floor this summer & then add straw on top for winter. With the poop board, I'm sure things will work out much better! :)

Ha, ha! If only. Lol! I find certain times of the year, all kinds of wild birds can be seen chasing hawks in the sky. This would be when most birds are nesting & become very territorial! It's great, but when the robins are done nesting (sometimes after raising up to 3 clutches), the hawks have a gap to attack before winter comes & before they migrate. I think that's what happened to my lucky chicken last year. Luckily, I don't see the big, red-tailed hawks here. I see them on other people's property, but not mine. Fine by me!

Ha, ha! If only. Lol! I find certain times of the year, all kinds of wild birds can be seen chasing hawks in the sky. This would be when most birds are nesting & become very territorial! It's great, but when the robins are done nesting (sometimes after raising up to 3 clutches), the hawks have a gap to attack before winter comes & before they migrate. I think that's what happened to my lucky chicken last year. Luckily, I don't see the big, red-tailed hawks here. I see them on other people's property, but not mine. Fine by me!
bummer so your saying I cant add crow eggs to the bator?
hit.gif
I was wondering were to steal some! and you know I would too!

I couldnt imagine, no feathers probably! eeeewwwww and chewing up their food for them, double ewwwwww change of plans now!

Back
Top Bottom