FOGHORN LEGHORN~ "Lookit here son, I say, I say son, did ya see that hawk after those hens? ....

Looks like the nesting of crows is well under way there, hillfloweranch! The crows are being territorial over their nesting sites. They will chase anything off! I've seen smaller birds do the same to protect nests. Good to have a lot of wild birds nearby - they keep hawks away during the nesting season. BTW, crows are only bad if you have little chicks running around.

Wish I knew what kind of hawk you have there Sally. ??? When I moved here, I got a big book on birds of North America. Quite handy for identifying birds in the area. When in doubt, I then google it. Even then though, I do come up short! Good luck!

I am sure its on the hawk mnt website I just havent researched it, but I know it was a hawk for sure!

Oh lucky you...not! I've heard a Jersey Giant rooster is great for not putting up with flying marauders! I've also heard a flock of 40 dark cornish chase off a coyote. Can you believe it?! I'm only getting 4 of those this year. Darn it! Lol!

Looks like the nesting of crows is well under way there, hillfloweranch! The crows are being territorial over their nesting sites. They will chase anything off! I've seen smaller birds do the same to protect nests. Good to have a lot of wild birds nearby - they keep hawks away during the nesting season. BTW, crows are only bad if you have little chicks running around.

Wish I knew what kind of hawk you have there Sally. ??? When I moved here, I got a big book on birds of North America. Quite handy for identifying birds in the area. When in doubt, I then google it. Even then though, I do come up short! Good luck!
Thank you Shellz!!
thumbsup.gif

Oh lucky you...not! I've heard a Jersey Giant rooster is great for not putting up with flying marauders! I've also heard a flock of 40 dark cornish chase off a coyote. Can you believe it?! I'm only getting 4 of those this year. Darn it! Lol!

We have 5 DC, They surrounded a rabbit under the truck the other day. When the rabbit made a break for it they were on it like stink on poo

Back
Top Bottom