FOGHORN LEGHORN~ "Lookit here son, I say, I say son, did ya see that hawk after those hens? ....

I have lost a total of seven birds and it was in a very short period of time. The hawk is very brazen and doesn't seem to fear humans. I am going to try the scare crow now that the hawk has come back and tried to get a free lunch. I'll also try hanging CDs and hope its a cheap fix. The neighbors don't like me because I used a Super Soaker water gun to scare off their cats and my response was to put my dirty coop litter and compost on that side of the property. So I have to be cautious about what measures I take to rid my yard of pests. I also don't want to look like Honey BooBooville. Lol

I have lost a total of seven birds and it was in a very short period of time. The hawk is very brazen and doesn't seem to fear humans. I am going to try the scare crow now that the hawk has come back and tried to get a free lunch. I'll also try hanging CDs and hope its a cheap fix. The neighbors don't like me because I used a Super Soaker water gun to scare off their cats and my response was to put my dirty coop litter and compost on that side of the property. So I have to be cautious about what measures I take to rid my yard of pests. I also don't want to look like Honey BooBooville. Lol
oh WOW! and LOL good for you with the compost pile! do you have electric out there? try putting the radio in the coop with the talk station too! please come back and let us know how it goes. did you get any vids of this hawk?

I have an extension cord running to the coop for the heat lamp for the really cold nights. Now that spring is approaching and the lamp isn't going to be needed I will try the radio too. I couldn't get video even if I tried. I am too busy pulling on my boots and running around the yard yelling. If someone ever saw me out there in my bathrobe and Sorel Caribou boots I would be locked up.:D

I have an extension cord running to the coop for the heat lamp for the really cold nights. Now that spring is approaching and the lamp isn't going to be needed I will try the radio too. I couldn't get video even if I tried. I am too busy pulling on my boots and running around the yard yelling. If someone ever saw me out there in my bathrobe and Sorel Caribou boots I would be locked up.
big_smile.png
lau.gif

Like your tactics! I'm sure your neighbor will agree a wet cat is better than a dead one! Think I'll get a water gun too when temps get warmer. My neighbour just got a new kitty, but hasn't been a problem yet. Between that one & the ferals, they've been keeping the rodent population in check all winter. No harm, no fowl! Lol! We'll see once it's time to free range.

Back
Top Bottom