Food kicks/cravings?

sourland

Broody Magician
Premium Feather Member
15 Years
May 3, 2009
New Jersey
Anyone else go on food 'kicks or cravings'? Coffee is my constant companion (explain much?) so I guess that is not a true kick. One recent past craving was Dunkin Donuts with a latte - yep, Sourland drinkin' a latte. Had to have a latte and 2 donuts every afternoon. Quit cold turkey about a year ago after years of this routine. My present kick is Almond Joy - just the little one nut small bars - 2 after supper each night. (And maybe another 2 around 9 PM
hide.gif
). The Princess is my dealer. She keeps me supplied. My present 'drink of choice' is Langers cranberry pomegranate.
droolin.gif
These too shall pass Anyone else go on food 'kicks'?

As you can probably tell I am suffering from snow induced cabin fever.

Yes left-over cold baked sweet potatoes cut into planks and then fried in butter, mummumnhum
yes I too am suffering from cabin fever, no snow here, relentless rain storms one right after another my coops and runs are a mess and mee too! LOL

Jeff

When I bake sweet potatoes, I always make at least 2 meals worth. Just like you, leftovers are quartered lengthwise, fried in butter with either brown sugar or maple syrup.
droolin.gif

I often crave chocolate, but the chocolate I like is the darkest you can find. My mom once went into my stash and took some pieces downstairs with her. Next thing I know, she's running upstairs for a drink and to spit the rest out in the garbage.
lau.gif
That'll teach her to dig ito my stash of bitter dark chocolate!!

During the summer I drink lots of iced tea. Lately, I've been drinking milk and kahlua as a dessert type drink. With a dash of light cream, it's simply delicious!

Sometimes I get cravings for ice cream and sprinkles, especially during the summer! The more sprinkles, the better!

Coffee (made one cup at a time in the Keurig) and Diet Pepsi are pretty much all I drink. Sometimes I take my medications with some fruit juice - juice not "fruit drink"- but not always, usually the Diet Pepsi will do if I've got an open can with some left in it. I'm on an avocado kick right now. Have been eating one a day... Slice 'em in half, sprinkle on some "Jane's Crazy Mixed Up Salt," then settle down with a spoon. I'm also into munching on crunchy, raw carrots. I keep an "emergency" tub 'o chocolate frosting in the cupboard just in case I don't have chocolate candy in the house when I crave it. Betty Crocker or Duncan Hines will do.

Gryeyes, you understand! I love my Keurig. When we were without power during Hurricane Sandy, my generator was used to run the sump pumps, the freezer, the refrigerator, and my Keurig one cup coffee maker.

Fausnaught Day is tomorrow and I already broke down. Picked up some donuts in Lancaster earlier today and after a few hours, ate one. We get the traditional ones with powdered sugar, but we stuff it with whipped cream. I'll limit it to just one tonight, and of course one for breakfast tomorrow...and maybe on tomorrow night. Heck, I only eat donuts once a year, might as well enjoy it.

Last edited:
Brownies. Chewy, chocolaty gooey brownies! I put extra cocoa in the recipe. And chocolate malted Whoppers-the kind that come in the paper carton like milk used to. I will eat them ALL. I will eat Whoppers until I think I will puke if I eat another, then I eat another and another and another until they are gone. For the record, I have never puked them back up, but I sure have had a bellyache.
lau.gif

Something else I like is fresh raw peas. Pick them and eat them right there in the garden. And raw corn too!

Wash it all down with lots of coffee or iced tea! Iced coffee with some sugar and milk is good too.

And did I mention M&M's? I position them between my front teeth and crack the shell off and crunch it up then go to work on the chocolate inside.

It is for my own good that I NEVER allow Whoppers or M&M's in the house.
wink.png

DH will bring chocolate candy home and some for me too, knowing I cannot resist chocolate.
he.gif
So.....if I am eating it too, then it is OK for him to binge out on candy too. I have thrown "my" share in the trash before, only to have him go get it out (still in wrapper) and eat it. So one time he did that to me and I asked if the candy bar was really all mine and he said yes. He was feeling pleased with himself, tempting me so he could eat candy guilt-free. I unwrapped the chocolate bar and went and rubbed it in the bottom of the little chicks cage in the utility room. Then I told him, "NOW go did it out of the trash and eat it!"
gig.gif

That was a nasty thing to do to that chocolate bar, Baymule. I will overdose on brownies to the point of guaranteeing a migraine, but that is a sort of a 'binge' type thing. My steady food 'kicks' are a routine, daily thing - for a while that is, and then it is on to the next treat.
wee.gif

Or should that be termed addiction?

Back
Top Bottom