22ChickenNuggets

Songster
Mar 11, 2021
Hello!

so I have 2 almost 6 month old buff laced polish. Currently all my other girls are laying and had to switch to layer feed because we were having issues with egg quality. My question is, because my polish aren’t laying at all yet. Is the layer feed bad for them? We were in All flock because I do have 1 roo, but the girls were not doing well on it. Is it going to mess up my polish if I continue to feed them layer feed?

I hope not. I didn’t want to switch to layer because of the Roo. But reading a lot it seems it won’t make too much of a difference to him. It’s only 1% lower protein than the All flock. The polish don’t even seem interested in laying at all.

I feed Nutrena All Flock 20% Pellets with oyster shells served on the side in a separate feeder.

If you leave the oyster shell there, & not give layer, they'll eventually eat the oyster shells. My birds in the mixed flock coop refused oyster shells for several weeks, but eventually started eating them when they needed a calcium boost.

But the roo? Is it a long term keeper?
He’ll be fine from what I read, I think once we can get the ladies b
I feed Nutrena All Flock 20% Pellets with oyster shells served on the side in a separate feeder.

If you leave the oyster shell there, & not give layer, they'll eventually eat the oyster shells. My birds in the mixed flock coop refused oyster shells for several weeks, but eventually started eating them when they needed a calcium boost.

Back
Top Bottom