Food/water in coop or in run?

myfivehens

Chirping
6 Years
Mar 7, 2013
This may be a silly question but I'm still pretty new to chickens. My girls seem to be wanting to hang out in the coop instead of the run for most of the day, should I be keeping the food and water inside the coop or will they come out when they're hungry/thirsty? Thanks!

Hi, I have five hens as well. At first we kept the food and water in the coop, but now everything is outside in the run. Less mess and more room in the coop. I haven't noticed any problems with it, they seem to travel back and forth as they please.

What about it raining in their food? I also had this question but was worried about their feed getting wet. There isn't really enough room in the covered, roosting part if our coop for food.

What about it raining in their food? I also had this question but was worried about their feed getting wet. There isn't really enough room in the covered, roosting part if our coop for food.
Well, we built our run to be partially covered. We keep the food & water under the covered side. But when it rains, we still throw a tarp over the coop and run just to be safe.

Back
Top Bottom