Foods You HATED As A Kid, But Like Now

Plain oatmeal with sugar and milk, and canned peas. I eat oatmeal every morning now, and fix enough for my 4 dogs to each have some. I've loved canned peas since I was prego with my middle son (now 16) and craved them!

I didn't like any kind of nuts when I was little. To the extent that I told people I was allergic to them. Then my father gave me some glazed cashews and I can't get enough of them! I still don't like almonds, pecans, or walnuts, plain or glazed, but I like everything else plain or glazed!

As a kid and up until I got married, I could smell LIVER cooking, and I'd get sick, sometimes vomit. Then I forced myself to eat some chicken livers, and now I can eat regular liver. Anne fries it with onions, but she hasn't fixed any for several years now that I think about it.

Quote:
I still hate them!
sickbyc.gif

i hated cooked carrots!! my parents were so mean , they made me sit at the dinner table and finish carrots!! (ha they werent mean ).
but now i love
smile.png
cooked carrots!! the love happened while being pregnant with our daughter!! i was eating strange food.
roll.png

smile.png

Tomatoes. I was OK with tomato sauce though which is good since I grew up in an Italian household. Now, I love tomatoes. I live for the summer when I can grow them and eat them still warm from the sun. Those flat italian string beans used to make me gag. I was forced to eat them. I have such bad memories that I have not given them another chance. Same with eggs and peppers. I would probably like that but when I was forced to eat them together, I didn't like it.

From that experience, I learned to never force my kids to eat something that they didn't want to eat.

the usual liver, collards, etc. plus herring. smoked tins of herring. My uncle thought it hilarious when my family visited to always offer me $5 if I even ate a bite. Safe money; between the reek of tinned fish and his cigars, I thought I was gonna die. I like all these smelly things now, but I always be sure to wash up really well afterwards.

Back
Top Bottom