~Fools Gold~ (a daring role play)

"Donuts are good," Roo agree. She stood up and thrust out her arm. Five minutes later, a pigeon landed on it and started biting her sleeve. "Everyone, meet Neet Neet."
"Ooo pretty. Hi Neet Neet." Kate said grinning at the chubby bird. It was about the same size as her own shoulder chicken, but the added feathers made Neet Neet so much rounder.

"Donuts are good," Roo agree. She stood up and thrust out her arm. Five minutes later, a pigeon landed on it and started biting her sleeve. "Everyone, meet Neet Neet."
Shiloh stared at Neet Neet, unsure as to whether this was a food or livestock. It can fly, he decided. So it must be food. Also, it doesn’t look very threatening.
As Shiloh prepared to pounce, Amer shoved him into her backpack. “Hi Neet Neet,” she said.

"Ooo pretty. Hi Neet Neet." Kate said grinning at the chubby bird. It was about the same size as her own shoulder chicken, but the added feathers made Neet Neet so much rounder.
Shiloh stared at Neet Neet, unsure as to whether this was a food or livestock. It can fly, he decided. So it must be food. Also, it doesn’t look very threatening.
As Shiloh prepared to pounce, Amer shoved him into her backpack. “Hi Neet Neet,” she said.
"You guys actually got her name right!" Roo exclaimed. "Everyone else I know says it wrong."
Neet Neet stared intently at Blade. Roo poked her in the chest. "She does bite if you poke her. But it doesn't hurt." She cheerfully informed her audience. Neet Neet demonstrated by puffing up her neck and chewing on Roo's hand.

"You guys actually got her name right!" Roo exclaimed. "Everyone else I know says it wrong."
Neet Neet stared intently at Blade. Roo poked her in the chest. "She does bite if you poke her. But it doesn't hurt." She cheerfully informed her audience. Neet Neet demonstrated by puffing up her neck and chewing on Roo's hand.
Amer watched as the roller did her best impression of a pouter pigeon. “Does she roll well?” She asked, using one of the few bits of pigeon knowledge in her arsenal to form the question and cringing by how awkward and uneducated it sounded coming from a non pigeon fanciers mouth. But asking stupid questions that smart people ask was the only way to learn.

Amer watched as the roller did her best impression of a pouter pigeon. “Does she roll well?” She asked, using one of the few bits of pigeon knowledge in her arsenal to form the question and cringing by how awkward and uneducated it sounded coming from a non pigeon fanciers mouth. But asking stupid questions that smart people ask was the only way to learn.
"Nope." Roo said, trying to scratch her arm. Neet Neet took this as a challenge and grabbed her sleeve and shook it like a dog (yes, she's actually like this irl XD). "It's kinda weird, actually. I've never seen her roll." Roo was secretly delighted that Amer knew anything about pigeons.

"Nope." Roo said, trying to scratch her arm. Neet Neet took this as a challenge and grabbed her sleeve and shook it like a dog (yes, she's actually like this irl XD). "It's kinda weird, actually. I've never seen her roll." Roo was secretly delighted that Amer knew anything about pigeons.
“I’ve never seen a pigeon roll, or held a pigeon,” Amer admitted. Pigeons made her nervous. She’d seen too many flying around the rafters of shows, and people handled them so carelessly, as though they weren’t going to fly away first chance they got.

“I’ve never seen a pigeon roll, or held a pigeon,” Amer admitted. Pigeons made her nervous. She’d seen too many flying around the rafters of shows, and people handled them so carelessly, as though they weren’t going to fly away first chance they got.
Roo practically shoved the pigeon into Amer's hands. "Hold her then!" She encouraged enthusiastically. "If you let her perch on your hand she won't bite you."
Neet Neet stared at Amer with eyes that seemed just slightly too big for her small pigeon face.

"I have no idea what a pigeon roll is." Kate smirked thinking of pigeon shaped bread buns. "Sounds yummy though. I have held a pigeon one time. I didn't realize it was hurt at the time. It was super cold and it was sitting outside the door to my work. Uhh, I worked alone at the time. Anyway-" She shook her head trying not to get off topic, but she'd already forgotten what her point had been. "I brought it in to get warmed up in a box while I worked, and then let it go back outside. Not sure that was the best thing for it. What do I know about pigeons?" She muttered to herself.

"I have no idea what a pigeon roll is." Kate smirked thinking of pigeon shaped bread buns. "Sounds yummy though. I have held a pigeon one time. I didn't realize it was hurt at the time. It was super cold and it was sitting outside the door to my work. Uhh, I worked alone at the time. Anyway-" She shook her head trying not to get off topic, but she'd already forgotten what her point had been. "I brought it in to get warmed up in a box while I worked, and then let it go back outside. Not sure that was the best thing for it. What do I know about pigeons?" She muttered to herself.
Roo was about to go on an unnecessarily long explanation of roller pigeons when Kate mentioned the dreaded word: yummy. Roo fake-gasped. "How could you say that!" She exclaimed dramatically. She wanted to add 'in front of the children' but refrained since she didn't want to possibly sound weird. She fought to keep a grin off her face as she gestured to Neet Neet. "Look at her. She's traumatized."

Roo practically shoved the pigeon into Amer's hands. "Hold her then!" She encouraged enthusiastically. "If you let her perch on your hand she won't bite you."
Neet Neet stared at Amer with eyes that seemed just slightly too big for her small pigeon face.
Amer stared into the pigeon’s large eyes. It looked so innocent. So like it wasn’t about to fly away. “I won’t fall for your tricks,” Amer gritted out. Staring. Staring. Amer blinked.
“Augh! Take it back! She’s cute, but... take it back!” She very carefully pressed Neet into Roo’s hands.

Back
Top Bottom